Is it possible for an Administrator to add users to an 'invite' group without actually using the 'invite' function?

10 years 11 months ago #224971 by NFER-ICT
I'm setting up a project and would like to add a whole bunch of specific users to a group that is set to 'invite' only access - before the project goes live.

Ideally I'd like to add the users to the group without having to go through the whole invite process, thus saving the users the bother of actually receiving and invite email and having to log into the site and accept it.

Is this possible?

If so, how??

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #224994 by krileon
Navigate to CB > User Management, select all the users you want in the group, click "Join GJ Group" on the menu bar at the top, select the group you want them to join, and save. This will force all those users to join the group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #225054 by NFER-ICT
Thanks for the reply, but...

When I go to CB > User Management and select all of the users, I can see/find the "Join GJ Group" option.

I should probably have said I'm running Joomla 2.5.7 and GJ 2.5.2

Is the "Join GJ Group" and option in a later release or am I just going blind :-)

10 years 11 months ago #225055 by nant

NFER-ICT wrote: Thanks for the reply, but...

When I go to CB > User Management and select all of the users, I can see/find the "Join GJ Group" option.

I should probably have said I'm running Joomla 2.5.7 and GJ 2.5.2

Is the "Join GJ Group" and option in a later release or am I just going blind :-)

GroupJive 2.7 is latest.

10 years 11 months ago #225057 by NFER-ICT
Thanks for the reply, but again... is the "Join GJ Group" only available in the latest version?

I.E. do I have to upgrade to the latest version in order to get this functionality OR is it in the version I have?

thanks

10 years 11 months ago #225059 by nant

NFER-ICT wrote: Thanks for the reply, but again... is the "Join GJ Group" only available in the latest version?

I.E. do I have to upgrade to the latest version in order to get this functionality OR is it in the version I have?

thanks

You need CB 1.9 and GroupJive 2.7

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn