This is kind of what I was talking about...

14 years 8 months ago #108238 by RjSteed
I know I am new to this and all..

But what I can see, and I do understand that people are using new programs in reference to GJ...

But lets get what is there working first, as apposed to adding new language to it... (i.e. Kuena)

I have not yet added Kuena to my site because from what I have read there are still issues with it... I am still using Fireboard, which I know is no longer supported...

Here I have added Group Jive to my site, not realizing certain things were not yet working... I know I should have read more, but I was excited that something was up..
Now I am waiting longer, because we are adding new stuff to it, before it even works propperly?

I appreciate everything you guys do with the programs, and I realize it is free... But lets get what dosnt work, working first... Please?

Or am I trying to make sense in a world where making sense is taboo? (Not meaning the programing world, I mean in general)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #108245 by nant
You have mentioned doesn't work a number of times in your post.

What you have neglected to mention is:

+ what CB version are you using?
+ what Joomla version are you using?
+ what PHP verison?
+ what GJ version?
+ what exactly does "not working" mean (give examples, error messages, URL, screenshots, ... something better than "not working"

14 years 8 months ago #108328 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:This is kind of what I was talking about...
You added GroupJive, but did not realize some things weren't working? It is currently a beta release. Beta means "work in progress, not ready for production except for the brave".

The dev team has done quite a bit to bring it to where it is. They have also mentioed a couple times that this branch of the project is inteded solely to bring the pakage to a stable state because they realize people are in a hurry to have groups, but the long term plan is to completely rebuild it.

Since many poeople "need" forum integration, and there was a hack for Fireboard for other versions, and the Kunena team is willing to add code to their project to make this happen, the dev team considered this part of "Bringing the Existing Project to a Stable state"

In sumamry, they are doing exacly and only what you suggest: fixing the current before moving on.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 7 months ago #110125 by RjSteed
Sometimes I forget what I post where...

My question, or comment has been satisfactorly responded to.

Thank you and thank you again for all the Hard work guys... Sorry to be bitchy...

14 years 7 months ago #110143 by nant
RjSteed wrote:

Sometimes I forget what I post where...

My question, or comment has been satisfactorly responded to.

Thank you and thank you again for all the Hard work guys... Sorry to be bitchy...

Well, I am not satisfied.

A number of people have tried to respond to an unclear request you made - in a bitchy attitude (as you stated).

Please take the time to at least explain what you needed and how this was satisfied.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn