Cannot post bulletins - updated with req info

14 years 5 months ago #115248 by powerpro
CB version 1.2.1
Joomla version 1.5.14
PHP version 5.2.9
MySql version 5.1.30
sh404sef version 1.0.11_Beta

I have enabled posting bulletins. However, when I type a bulletin in a group and click post, nothing appears. When I click on bulletin archive, I get a 404 message.

I've tried using a variety of WYSIWYG editors and no editor at all with the same result.

When looking at the database for jos_gj_bul the MySQL returns an empty result.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #115308 by ckayfish
GroupJive does not work with sh404SEF. Go into the sh404SEF configuration and skip this component.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 5 months ago #115445 by powerpro
Thank you for your reply.

I followed your instructions, and still, no joy.

I type a Bulletin, post it, and nothing shows up. And when I click on the archive button, I get an error message saying the page doesn't exist.

14 years 5 months ago #115507 by ckayfish
What are the exact URL's of the page you are entering the bulleting on, and what is the URL of the resulting page (the one that does not exist)?

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.

14 years 5 months ago #115570 by powerpro
Creating it on this page:

sanctuaryworld.com/component/option,com_groupjive/Itemid,63/action,gj.core.bulletin.showbulletin/groupid,4/

And when I click post, nothing happens...

But when I click on archive, I'm taken to this page:

sanctuaryworld.com/component/option,com_groupjive/Itemid,63/action,gj.core.bulletin.showarchive/groupid,4/

And see this message:

Please review this message :

The page does not exist

14 years 5 months ago #115609 by ckayfish
Do you have more that one menu link? When I click on the link "Groups" under Fandom, I see the URL is sanctuaryworld.com/component/option,com_groupjive/Itemid,69/

Please notice the ItemID of this is not 63, which is what it is in your links. Not sure exactly what you issue is, but get to the bottom of why there are 2 different ItemID's and you may have your answer.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn