[SOLVED] Forums Don't Show In Groups

13 years 7 months ago #140355 by mrparanormal
[SOLVED] Forums Don't Show In Groups was created by mrparanormal
I installed cb 1.2.3 kunena 1.6.0 and groupjive 1.8 on my joomla 1.5.20 and followed instructions step by step as I went and in the groupjive settings under intregation tab I set it to show forums then clicked the link before for and present users and I still only see bulliten posting in group jive no forums.

Help. :dry:

Post edited by: mrparanormal, at: 2010/08/20 02:23

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/10 21:21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #140391 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
Kunena 1.6 is not supported in GJ 1.8. It is supported in GJ 2.0 which is currently in testing however. GJ 1.8 will NOT be upgraded to support Kunena 1.6 either, it is final.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141667 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
Hey Kyle,

I'm running J! 1.5.20 and Kunena 1.5.12 with CB 1.2.3 and GroupJive 1.8. Under the CB Plugin Manager Parameters I set the forum component to Kunena and in GroupJive settings, I set my category (5) which corresponds to the Kunena category (called a section in Kunena) I prefer. I clicked Show Forum to Yes and then updated existing groups by hitting the "click here" link.

When I log in to the front end as a regular user, I can create my groups just fine, I cannot see the forum until I go into the back end as an admin. The forum is there, I just can't see it as a regular user. When I go in as admin and hit the "update existing groups" link again, I can see the forum as a regular user in the front end.

Please tell me I shouldn't have to do that... I've checked everything I can think of, because I'm sure it must be something I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Schelly

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

13 years 7 months ago #141668 by schelly
I apologize - I didn't mean to lie to you. I've just confirmed that the forum is NOT created in the back-end. I have to hit the link to update existing groups in order for it to be created.

Sorry for the mis-reporting. :S

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

13 years 7 months ago #141701 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
Am confused, so it is or it isn't working now? I don't know how it will react with latest releases of Kunena it's un-tested. If you had existing groups prior to configuring GroupJive then yes you'll need to update existing groups. Forums can not function from frontend unless the CB GroupJive plugin is also installed, published, and public.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/09 15:49

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141713 by schelly
No, it is not working now. I also tried creating a new category, updating the GJ integrations, then tried creating a new group and I still get no forum.

This is not the latest release of Kunena, to the best of my knowledge. I understood the forum posts I read prior to installing that I needed to use Kunena 1.5.X for GJ to work. Did I misunderstand? Do I have to start over?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn