[SOLVED] Forums Don't Show In Groups

13 years 7 months ago #141786 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
Maybe I have been asking the wrong question. Is there any way to get GroupJive to automatically run this routine whenever a new group is created:

[code:1]/administrator/index.php?option=com_groupjive&task=updateforum[/code:1]

That would solve the problem...

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #141843 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
Not unless you edit GJ to redirect to that URL or execute the end result of that URL on update.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141845 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic [SOLVED] Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
I resolved the problem by going to The Forge and downloading the cb plugin by itself, uninstalling it from CB Plugin manager, re-installing and publishing it. Then I went to GJ configuration / Integration tab and clicked the Update Existing Groups link.

I logged in as a registered user (no admin permissions) in the front end and created a group. The forum link for the group was there. I haven't played around in the forum, but I'm confident it will be functional.

I hope this helps somebody else.

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

13 years 7 months ago #141879 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:[SOLVED] Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
Right, as stated a few times the CB GroupJive plugin is required; preferably always use the latest. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141889 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:[SOLVED] Re:Forums Don't Show In Groups
Yes, I did know it was required. As I said in my earlier posts, it was installed and enabled. I downloaded it from the same place, but it was packaged in with the latest file with GroupJive.

At the risk of sounding mean and nasty, the tone here has changed a LOT from days gone by. I'm not stupid, and I don't run and ask for help without trying to figure things out. I did my research before I asked my questions, and I did try to resolve the problem myself.

Generally speaking, when I ask for help, it is because I've gone as far as I know how to go. So your "as stated a few times" comment really does irritate a person like me, who actually reads what was written long before posting a question.

Also, just to make the point -- if you had read my posts, you would have understood I wasn't opening a file to edit it.

Please stop treating me with sarcastic superiority. I do not deserve it from you or anybody else.

Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn