logoImage

14 years 6 months ago #113227 by fiatlux
logoImage was created by fiatlux
Greetings,

I set the index.php file to $logoImage="true" $imagePath="/templates/images/MyLogo.gif". Also tried MyLogo.png & .jpg. However, MyLogo.x will not display.

Also, can you tell me where the default text that appears in the green stip of the header is coming from? The text rotates between "Houses, buildings, etc." and another display containing just filler text.

I very much like this template and have found that it nicely integrates with forums and other functions.

Thanks,
Jason

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #113229 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:logoImage
Need more info, Joomla version? CB version? Please review help us help you in my signature. Also check your template documentation as I believe logo changing is covered.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/06 14:26

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113234 by fiatlux
Replied by fiatlux on topic Re:logoImage
Using Joomla 1.0.15 with Coolness J.10 and cb 1.2 plugin.

I carefully read and followed the coolness template documentation, which states:

"You may want to change the logo title or replace it with an image. This can be done by locating and editing the index.php file in your {website root} / templates / coolness folder. There are many parameters that can me changed in this file and the code itself is well commented. Use your favourite PHP editor or simply notepad will due. In the beginning of this index.php file you’ll find a number of parameters such as $myColor, $logoImage, and more. These parameters will change the look and feel of your template easily. "

Is the path where I placed the logoImage in /templates/images/MyImage.jpg correct?

Thanks

14 years 6 months ago #113239 by krileon
You need the exact path to your image, check your website to see if that directory even exists. Typically images should be stored in /images (e.g. /images/joomla_logo_black.jpg).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113245 by fiatlux
Replied by fiatlux on topic Re:logoImage
Hi,

Sorry, in the post below I left "coolness" out of the path. It should be /templates/coolness/images/MyImage.gif. This directory exists and was created during the coolness installation process. MyImage.gif is definitely in that directory and can be accessed directly using the full URL. However, it does not display. Instead, I get the output from $textlogo. If I blank out the $textlogo contents it produces rotating results that are either a photo I used in an article or the text "Houses, buildings, etc" that I still don't know where it comes from. You can see this at testdomain.vanursery.com

Thanks

14 years 6 months ago #113246 by krileon
That's not your logo, that's your module. You've got your modules setup incorrectly and this is likely the reason for the logo not functioning properly. Please review your manual for module locations. The top location is best used for menus as it was designed for.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn