[SOLVED] Confusion with changing LOGO image

14 years 2 months ago #122620 by IAAF
here is a link to my test site:

www.blairalumni.org/v15/

My logo image is at least 600px wide. I have read the documentation, I have looked at all the forum postings and this is still a mystery to me.

I have made some very basic changes by going into the backend administration - extensions - template manager, and selecting coolness (which is my default). This presents a very easy way to make some basic changes in Parameters such as:

Change the text logo and sub title,
set to variable width layout,
set text or image logo to image,
adding the path to my image (which is images/stories/logos/blairalumni_logo.jpg),
changing template element color, and
changing featured text design color

This is a very nice option since it does not force you to go into the actual css page, however, I'm still at a loss as to where I would change the width of the logo image. I also want to increase the height of the area above the top menu.

I have firefox and am using the F12 option to view firebug (which I love by the way!). I do not see where in the css though this change is to be made for the logo width. I'm searching and searching and it still is beyond my sight. Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/02 19:41

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #122736 by slimgoody
Replied by slimgoody on topic Re:Confusion with changing LOGO image
I have a question, I know that this isn't answering your question. But it seems as if you have already uploaded your logo correctly, you are just trying to figure out how to change the width, correct? Well I myself am having a hard time even getting that far. Can you explain to me exactly what you did o accomplish this because I can't seem to figure it out and I'm going crazy. Am I naming my image incorrectly in my cpanel? is there something I need to do to my CSS file?I would appreciate the help tremendously.

14 years 2 months ago #122747 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Confusion with changing LOGO image
You need to add the following to your CSS file if this does not work you need to edit the index.php (line 58) file and adjust the width to the following: 420px, which will display your entire logo appropriately (tested using Firebug).

[code:1]
#logo {
width: 420px;
}
[/code:1]

The width used for the logo is the Left Column Width found in the templates parameters. You can also adjust this to fit your logo.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #123369 by thetravels
Replied by thetravels on topic Re:Confusion with changing LOGO image
Hello. I am having a similar problem. (#1)I am trying to increase the height of the header.
I have replaced the head_foot.png file with a photo. I now want to place a 160X160 logo where the Template logo is. The html code is showing a spacer gif even though I have my logo file specified in the edit Template manager.
Thanks for helping

14 years 1 month ago #123370 by thetravels
after 4 hours messing around (and learning) I found that you can change the header height in the CSS template settings. About a third of the way down in the section called
/* Template stuff: */
just change the number for the header. I am still having issues inserting my jped into the upper right corner, any advice? the code says that there is a spacer gif there.

14 years 1 month ago #123373 by thetravels
UPDATE for you home gamers. Make sure you use the / instead of the \ in you file location
It is the basic stuff like this that seperates the newbee (like me) from talent.;)
Enjoy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn