Confusion with TOP MENU

14 years 3 months ago #122621 by IAAF
Confusion with TOP MENU was created by IAAF
Top menu: how did I find this? I'll try to explain what I have learned so far, but I still have more questions :)

I have gone into menu manager in the backend administration, selected top menu and have set the menu items that I want and have published them.

Right now, if I display the page with the zones or positions identified (using www.blairalumni.org/v15/index.php?tp=1), I can see that I want this TOP MENU to reside in the TOP POSITION. I also want to place a search box in the INSET POSITION to the right of the top position.

In the administration backend, I went to extensions - module manager. I can see that TOP MENU shows the position of TOP, and ALL pages and it is published (but it was still not visible in the TOP position on the web page - just text was displayed). I then clicked on Top Menu to edit and changed 'show title' to yes and under Menu Assignment changed menus from 'select menu items' to 'All'. The menu items now display in this top position, except that the original text is stil there and shows up underneath the menu items. How do I get rid of this text? All options under the 'Other parameters' are basically set to no or none. I'm also unsure as to how to set the 'spacer' between the menu items.

oh - I am using the latest versions of COOLNESS, Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2. I've learned a lot just trying many different options, and it is a lot of fun but sometimes so time consuming (I guess I'm a slow learner). The code is unbelievable and I love it. Thanks to all who have spent many of their hours working on this project!!! Great job.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #122749 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Confusion with TOP MENU
To add to the top menu you should use the Top position for your Menu module. Display title should be set to No. If using Joomla 1.5.x then the menu style should be List and Module Class Suffix should be _menu.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn