a few more style questions for COOLNESS

13 years 11 months ago #129406 by IAAF
here is my website

www.BlairAlumni.org/v15

I have looked all over and am unable to find a way to change the following:

background color of header to white

background color of page to black. I found where to change the outer background but the space in between footer and body is a mystery

can footer be removed without effecting anything?

URL address line: I have replaced the Frontpage favicon.ico with our MB favicon.ico but I can not find where to replace 'Welcome to Frontpge' with the name of my site. Where is this hiding :)

Why does the favicon not show up in IE but it does in Firefox?

Thanks for any help!

Post edited by: IAAF, at: 2010/04/06 20:03

Post edited by: IAAF, at: 2010/04/06 20:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129411 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:a few more style questions for COOLNESS

background color of header to white

Am not sure which header you're speaking of, the one containing the menu is actually am image; it does not use just a flat color.

background color of page to black. I found where to change the outer background but the space in between footer and body is a mystery

The space between the content and foot is actually an image, there really is no space there. It's given such an illusion using an image.

can footer be removed without effecting anything?

I suppose you could remove it by simply hiding it with display:none;, but do not know its affect on your sites display. It will likely cause it to look less appealing.

URL address line: I have replaced the Frontpage favicon.ico with our MB favicon.ico but I can not find where to replace 'Welcome to Frontpge' with the name of my site. Where is this hiding

Please see the parameter Site Name within Joomla Backend -> Site -> Global Configuration -> Site.

Why does the favicon not show up in IE but it does in Firefox?

I believe IE obtains favicon from webroot and does not see favicon within template root. Please try placing your favicon also at web root (where your configuration.php file is).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #129822 by IAAF
thank you SO MUCH for answering so quickly - left for vacation and just returned so here are my follow-up questions.
===================================================
1. how to change background color of header to white

Response: Am not sure which header you're speaking of, the one containing the menu is actually am image; it does not use just a flat color.

Yes, I am referring to the header containing the top menu & logo. My alternate solution will be to recreate the logo with a transparent background :) that should resolve color issue
2. background color of page to black. I found where to change the outer background but the space in between footer and body is a mystery

Response: The space between the content and foot is actually an image, there really is no space there. It's given such an illusion using an image.

Rats, it really would be nice to have been able to change colors to be somewhat closer to original site version and the black makes the page really pop - for right now they will remain as is
3. can footer be removed without effecting anything?

I suppose you could remove it by simply hiding it with display:none;, but do not know its affect on your sites display. It will likely cause it to look less appealing.

will leave as is - again being able to tweak colors would have been nice
4. URL address line: I have replaced the Frontpage favicon.ico with our MB favicon.ico but I can not find where to replace 'Welcome to Frontpge' with the name of my site. Where is this hiding

Please see the parameter Site Name within Joomla Backend -> Site -> Global Configuration -> Site.

I already had this parameter set - with no effect on the tab on the browser page. Just realized that this defaults to title of first or main page content? The text in the tab changes to title of whatever content is displayed on page. Just can't figure out what content is providing the Frontpage title

5. Why does the favicon not show up in IE but it does in Firefox?

I believe IE obtains favicon from webroot and does not see favicon within template root. Please try placing your favicon also at web root (where your configuration.php file is).

I have done this with no effect. Since I now have two versions of Joomla installed in this domain, could that be causing a conflict - although the other installation displays correctly.
www.BlairAlumni.org - version 1.0.x
www.BlairAlumni.org/v15 - version 1.5.x
again - thanks SO MUCH - this has been terrific. Now that I'm back from vacation I need to get this new version up and running!

NEW NOTE: the migration of all data from old to new site went unbelievably smooth - and EASY! wow I was so impressed. Not one problem with data - except now that it has taken me so long to finish configuation, I will need to migrate over just users who have registered since I did initial migration. By any chance, would anyone have any script to do this? I'm only interested in the joomla member and community builder membership tables.
Today I need to configure subscriptions with protection of directories - I'll be back ....

thanks again

Post edited by: IAAF, at: 2010/04/10 17:12

13 years 11 months ago #129949 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:a few more style questions for COOLNESS

Yes, I am referring to the header containing the top menu & logo. My alternate solution will be to recreate the logo with a transparent background that should resolve color issue

That will work, but you'll lose rounded corners display as the image is what creates the rounded corners.

Rats, it really would be nice to have been able to change colors to be somewhat closer to original site version and the black makes the page really pop - for right now they will remain as is

Changing primary site color is relatively easy, but of course some aspects can't be changed such as what you're experiencing. The gray/black is rather permanent without a lot of editing (primarily to images). However with even a free editor such as Gimp you can easily do a "color replace", which will replace the gray with say blue perfectly for you.

will leave as is - again being able to tweak colors would have been nice

It's possible to tweak the sites primary color (something nearly no templates off) through the templates parameters. However, there is no parameter available that would allow dynamically tweaking color of an image.

I already had this parameter set - with no effect on the tab on the browser page. Just realized that this defaults to title of first or main page content? The text in the tab changes to title of whatever content is displayed on page. Just can't figure out what content is providing the Frontpage title

Whatever link you've set as your "Default" in Joomla Menu Manager is what will be your "home" as a result will also be page title.

I have done this with no effect. Since I now have two versions of Joomla installed in this domain, could that be causing a conflict - although the other installation displays correctly.

Don't know; bottom line is IE is the most awful browser available. The best approach is to just keep moving the favicon back 1 root level until it shows up. Example from user/home/html/www/ to user/home/html/. To function on my localhost it had to be moved to my absolute webroot (www/).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn