HOW CAN I SET UP A DROP DOWN MENU USING COOLNESS

13 years 1 month ago #155343 by blueprints
Now it works. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #155403 by zimjr03
Hi Blueprints:

I checked your site and noticed you got the drop down menu to work.

Can you send me the parameter settings and the menu module you are using to do this?

I edited my CSS file and got a sub menu but not as nice as yours. It was static (did not drop down) and disappear if parent menu not selected.

Also my menu bar moved up and all of my modules got pushed down so I ended up with about a two inch gap between my menu navigation bar and the modules. Really weird.

Any help from you or Jacob would be greatly appreciated.

I've since replaced the code I removed from the CSS file for now.

JZ

13 years 1 month ago #155404 by zimjr03
Hi Jacob:

I checked Blueprint's site and noticed he got the drop down menu to work.

I'm not real sure of the parameters or menu module he used to make this happen.

I edited my CSS file and got a sub menu but not as nice as Blueprint's. It was static (did not drop down) and disappear if parent menu not selected.

Also my menu bar moved up and all of my modules got pushed down so I ended up with about a two inch gap between my menu navigation bar and the modules. Really weird.

Any help from you or Blueprint would be greatly appreciated.

I've since replaced the code I removed from the CSS file for now.

JZ

13 years 1 month ago #155428 by blueprints
I used www.artetics.com/ARTools/art-wijmo-menu, it works but I wait for a nicer theme (for the menu-module), in the forum someone said they will come closely.

Here you see the settings of the module:

Please post your url after installing. Maybe it looks better at your site.

Peter
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #155432 by zimjr03
Peter:

Thank you.

I installed the menu module you used in your template but it only offered two color options that did not go with my color scheme.

When I remover the overflow:hidden from the #header and the #menusearch lines I am able to get the drop down menu but all of my modules shift down and my nav bar moves up against my logo. (See before and after images below)

Did this happen to you?

I've played with the number of menu items to see if this was the problem, but it did not shift the modules back into place.

I am hoping Jacob will have a fix for this. It is probably a simple CSS modification but I am not CSS savvy and do not want to start changing out code I'm not familiar with.

Thanks for sending the link to artetics. I downloaded and used the Art Total Menu and that offered a better color scheme. However, I'll keep looking for a module that will fit my color scheme better down the road. Right now I'd just like to get the drop down menu feature to work with this template.

Thanks again.

JZ

BEFORE (making changes or applying new menu module)

AFTER (after making changes to CSS file and applying new menu module)

Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #155435 by blueprints
Yes, this happens on my site too. It happens with the normal menu (you can see right now online under neu.blueprints.de) and with the drop down (see on golf.boedeker.de).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn