Default install with unexplained text?

13 years 3 weeks ago #159243 by byrannewell
Default install with unexplained text? was created by byrannewell
I just did a fresh install of Joomla 1.5 with no sample data, and installed the Coolness theme. I expected a blank slate (other than the site name, etc), which I got... for the most part. The name of the site is takesomelessons.com, and unfortunately you can see the name smack dab in the middle of the page.

Normally I would attribute that to a module, an errant component, or an article, but there ARE no articles, and I've disabled every module (all one of them!). How do I get rid of it?

You can see what I mean here .

Help, plz?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159252 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: Default install with unexplained text?
Since I'm working on the site, it's a little difficult to keep all the modules off. Below is a screenshot with some modules enabled, but the text in question is NOT in a module, and nor is it an article. What it IS, is bothersome, and I need to get rid of it.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159253 by byrannewell
Replied by byrannewell on topic Re: Default install with unexplained text?
Can I tell you how much I hate being the only person responding to a forum question? Sorry 'bout that...

I have solved the issue, however. It related to the menu item. Because there was no content (articles or such), Joomla decided to place SOMETHING there—that something was the site's name. I've added some content, and the problem corrected itself.

Man, I hate/love learning! ;)

13 years 3 weeks ago #159269 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn