go from single site to multi-site license?

12 years 10 months ago #166246 by samw
Hi,

A couple of months ago I purchased Coolness for a site I'm developing. I purchased a single site license. I'm generally pleased with the template, and am thinking of using it for another site. Can I upgrade to a multi site license by paying the difference in the cost, or must I pay a whole separate fee since I didn't purchase the multi site license initially?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166276 by beat
Thanks for your feedbacks.

Currently, there is no upgrade possibility for purchased template licenses, as those are downloadable products, and not subscriptions.

Finally, as precision, the multi-site license is valid for all sites owned by the licensee. For customer-sites web integrators, one license per customer site should be purchased, which seems reasonable compared to the amount of work that has gone into our templates, and the amount of work that goes into them to keep them up-to-date. The licenses are lifetime, with lifetime upgrades...so they are really not expensive. :)

Maybe in the future we will have other purchasing/licensing models, but no change on templates licensing is planed for now.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 10 months ago #166283 by samw
OK, thank you.

Just FYI, all sites would be owned by me; I am not developing them for others.

The policy seems a little odd in its effect, in that it penalizes customers for not buying the multi-site license initially. That is, I must now pay 40 euros to use on two sites, or 49 euros to use on unlimited sites owned by me. If I'd made up my mind to start with that I wanted to use on multiple sites, I'd only have paid 29 euros for either of those cases.

But maybe that is intended; and maybe it's reasonable, also, to create incentive to 'buy up' initially.

In any case, Beat, thanks for all your good work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn