Custom code - price?

18 years 3 months ago #1175 by groovetube
Custom code - price? was created by groovetube
I was wondering what it would cost for custom code to allow the Community Board system to do some access control things. Here is what I would like to see:

1. When a user signs up for an account a new directory inside /images/ is automatically created. For example, a new user foo signs up, the system automatically creates a directory /images/foo/

2. When a user attempts to upload a file, or upload an image for a blog post, the wysiwyg editor in use only allows him to access the /images/foo/ for uploading or linking to files and images.

Would #2 require changes to the wyswig editor code or could it be done within Joomla or CB?

What would be the cost to develop these code changes? I don't have a bunch of money but would be willing to pay and I would donate the code to the community.

Would these features be useful to others?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #1179 by elesus
Replied by elesus on topic Re:Custom code - price?
..bringing to life number 1 task is piece of cake by using plugin framework... for the second part one needs to modify wysiwyg editor... I guess it is enough...

Post edited by: elesus, at: 2005/12/02 17:20

СB3РD

18 years 3 months ago #1218 by groovetube
Replied by groovetube on topic Re:Custom code - price?
I will post this over at joomla forums to see what type of responses I get. Thanks.

18 years 3 months ago #1224 by elesus
Replied by elesus on topic Re:Custom code - price?
here is the CB plugin, which creates user image directory (images/users/userid) when the user is created (or registered) and deletes the directory (if it is empty) when the user is deleted:

Attachment createUserImageDir.zip not found

СB3РD
Attachments:

18 years 3 months ago #1228 by groovetube
This is great! I also figured out that mos CE editor final will do this automatically when you have the admin part installed (which I didn't).

Elesus - is this a new plugin? Does the mosCE use this? I am thinking this will let other wysiwyg be used also if the user doesn't want to use mosCE.

Thanks!

18 years 3 months ago #1238 by groovetube
Would I install this as a module or mambot? Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn