Conditional fields and values

18 years 6 days ago #10208 by porkleton
Replied by porkleton on topic Re:Conditional fields and values
This is excellent work!
I have had great success in implementing this with the Profile managment of existing users, but would really like to see this implemented in the Registration process.

Any luck sorting out the API?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 6 days ago #10212 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditional fields and values
The next release will propably be sometime after 1.0 stable

-mikko

18 years 6 days ago #10222 by dskidmore
Replied by dskidmore on topic Re:Conditional fields and values
Forgive my CB newbieness...

I happened across your older release first, and after adventures in uninstalling I have the December 18th release now. (Much better readme by the way, but I wasn't clear if there were any code changes between the two.)

I'm not sure if I'm using the plugin incorrectly, or if it's just not designed to do what I want.

I have a tab called Privacy Settings, which has a field "CB_ShowPhone" On contact info, there is a field "CB_Phone" I copied and pasted the field name and value so I'm fairly sure it is correct.

I added a row to the conditions table and applied the condition to the CB_Phone field.

The conditions tab is published, type HTML, position underall. The tab shows up on profile edit. When viewing another user's profile, the conditions tab does not display, and there is no field hiding going on.

At any rate, if it worked, the field is hidden, but someone looking at the source could read the information? I think I may need something else anyway.

Site: vbcroc.dyndns.org

Post edited by: dskidmore, at: 2006/04/13 16:21

Denise Skidmore
Victory Baptist Church of Rochester, NY
Web Team Member
Live Site: www.vbcrochester.com
Test (Joomla) Site: vbcroc.dyndns.org

18 years 6 days ago #10223 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditional fields and values
This plugin is only for convenience, not for security. There is no server side validation what so ever in the plugin, and it works only for editing.

For privacy settings you need something different. I doubt that privacy settings even could be implemented as a plugin.

-Mikko

18 years 6 days ago #10226 by dskidmore
Replied by dskidmore on topic Re:Conditional fields and values
Well, time form me to get around to learning PHP and contributing to an open source project then! (It's been on my list of things to do for awhile. The "language" I have to use at work is starting to melt my programmer brain.)

Denise Skidmore
Victory Baptist Church of Rochester, NY
Web Team Member
Live Site: www.vbcrochester.com
Test (Joomla) Site: vbcroc.dyndns.org

17 years 11 months ago #13357 by animas
Replied by animas on topic Re:Conditional fields and values
Have you ever considered making your plugin work for cbsearch plugin too? www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,13294/catid,20/limit,6/limitstart,0/

Because searching also requires almost similar conditions and we are lacking this feature.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn