profile search

18 years 4 months ago #1800 by evinh
profile search was created by evinh
As a site would become hugely populated with members... a customizable search would be nice for profiles... much like yahoo's/msn's member search.

Is this something that already exists, or is it on the roadmap?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1805 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:profile search
This is a much requested feature, but unfortunately it seems that no-one is coding it currently.

mikko

18 years 4 months ago #1825 by evinh
Replied by evinh on topic Re:profile search
Well... not to bring up CBE, but they have this feature on the Mambome website... So, we know that someone has put forth some legwork... However, I like what mambojoe has done with CB, and I'd like to see that feature available for mambojoe's CB

18 years 4 months ago #1827 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:profile search
evinh wrote:

Well... not to bring up CBE, but they have this feature on the Mambome website... So, we know that someone has put forth some legwork... However, I like what mambojoe has done with CB, and I'd like to see that feature available for mambojoe's CB

Evinh, at least 3 people have mentioned that they are working on such a feature.

18 years 4 months ago #1828 by evinh
Replied by evinh on topic Re:profile search
Awesome, i'm looking forward to seeing it!

18 years 4 months ago #2027 by andyberry
Replied by andyberry on topic Re:profile search
If this is a profile search integrated with Joomla's native search, then I'm looking forward to it too!
Being unable to search everything on the site from a single location is the only thing holding me back from implimenting CB.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn