profile search

18 years 3 weeks ago #9190 by patrickk
Replied by patrickk on topic Re:profile search
ford wrote:

The search feature is actually my code, written when CB was still beta 4. I don't know if anyone modified it since then.

I AM looking into re-writing it for RC2 / 1.0 stable but it still seems far away. Right now, I'm programming an internal messaging system for Joomla (like uddeIM and others). It's taking a long time (I'm not very skilled at programming, so it's a learning effort).

But it would be cool to get the search feature running (again), this time for RC2/1.0 final. But I am very sorry that I cannot give any guarantees on success and ETA.

Cheers from

Ford :)

Hiya Ford,
any luck already with the search feature? Why write a pm system anyway? There are already a few of them around. While the search feature is something everybody needs but no one has ;) Anyway... was just curious.

Ciao

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 week ago #9826 by ford
Replied by ford on topic Re:profile search
Hi patrickk!

Well you are certainly right - there are many fine messaging systems available for mambo/joomla, but none of them fitted my specific needs.

The search component is, unfortunately, still on hold for a number of reasons. Sorry! I have obligations elsewhere for the moment. Meanwhile, it looks as if somebody else has taken up the challenge. I think I'll wait till 1.0 stable is released.

Best regards

Ford ;)

18 years 1 week ago #9827 by patrickk
Replied by patrickk on topic Re:profile search
ford wrote:

Hi patrickk!

Well you are certainly right - there are many fine messaging systems available for mambo/joomla, but none of them fitted my specific needs.

The search component is, unfortunately, still on hold for a number of reasons. Sorry! I have obligations elsewhere for the moment. Meanwhile, it looks as if somebody else has taken up the challenge. I think I'll wait till 1.0 stable is released.

Best regards

Ford ;)

1st of all i'm of course very curious to your pm comp. G'luck with that one :)

2nd... any idea who has been picking up the challenge for the search function?

17 years 11 months ago #11569 by chatfield
Replied by chatfield on topic Re:profile search
Looks like it's been about a month since anyone touched on this thread. Just wanted to chime in and see if any progress has occured with this feature. It looks as though much fame and glory would go to the dev who put this one out for the masses.

:) :) :)

17 years 10 months ago #14580 by lmcguire
Replied by lmcguire on topic Re:profile search
First, let me apologize for not stopping back in sooner - I figured this thread was dead and it seems my subscription to it died. I'll try to answer the posts related to my work-around...

mephistophele wrote:

Hi, i'd like to modify your bot in order to search only the default USERNAME of a user in the CB tables... How have i to modify the .php? I'm more newbie than you :laugh:
Thanks
:)

Do you mean jos_users.username? The CB table doesn't have a username field, to my knowledge. If so, then you would change line 66 to something like:

. "\n CONCAT_WS( ', ', a.name, a.username ) AS text,"

...this will be the description shown for the search results. Then you would delete lines 74-78 and make line 73 look like this:

. "\n WHERE ( a.username LIKE '%$text%')"

...at least, I think that's what you'd do. Or something close.

Try to modify the SQL and run it in MySQL Query Browser to make sure the syntax is right.

Let me know if I misunderstood.

Thanks,

Liz

{EDIT: BTW, it doesn't really make sense what's above cuz then you're just using the jos_users table and could kill the join and everything about jos_comprofiler, so I'm not sure I've got this right at all...}

Post edited by: lmcguire, at: 2006/06/02 22:32

17 years 10 months ago #14581 by lmcguire
Replied by lmcguire on topic Re:profile search
spinoza wrote:

Ok, ive edited the file:

[code:1] // customize this query to show your results and specify search fields as desired
$query = "SELECT a.name AS title,"
. "\n CONCAT_WS( ', ', a.name,b.cb_beschrijving,b.cb_plaats ) AS text,"
. "\n '' AS created,"
. "\n '' AS section,"
. "\n '2' AS browsernav,"
. "\n CONCAT( 'index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=', a.id ) AS href"
. "\n FROM #__users AS a"
. "\n INNER JOIN #__comprofiler AS b ON b.user_id = a.id"
. "\n WHERE ( a.name LIKE '%$text%'"
. "\n OR b.cb_beschrijving LIKE '%$text%'"
. "\n OR b.cb_plaats LIKE '%$text%'"
. "\n GROUP BY a.id"
. "\n ORDER BY $order"
;[/code:1]

installed the mambot, published it, ..but doesnt seem to change anything for me.

anyone has a idea?

thanks!

Post edited by: spinoza, at: 2006/03/11 22:33

This line:

. "\n OR b.cb_plaats LIKE '%$text%'"

...should be:

. "\n OR b.cb_plaats LIKE '%$text%')"

...ending ) is needed at the end.

Liz

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds