Link directory type interface

18 years 3 months ago #2942 by andyahoo
Link directory type interface was created by andyahoo
I would like to us CB as a business directory. I would like to have the profiles in categories by location. Like Mosets tree. You click a state like Ohio and it takes you to the members in ohio and so on. I know about the map mods that us a google map and plot the members location but I need something different. Is there a way to do this now? Any ideas appreciated.

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2943 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Link directory type interface
What about using CB Lists and filter according to state? Of course, this wouldn't be automated...

Not sufficient?

ps -- like your idea!

18 years 3 months ago #2944 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:Link directory type interface
I think I had a brain fart and didn't think about that. I will experiment with it. We noobs have too much stuff cluttering up our brains.

Thanks

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 3 months ago #2950 by andyahoo
That would be a way to do it but having several instances of user lists with only each state in that list would be better. Not sure if this can be done.

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

18 years 3 months ago #2952 by andyahoo
There is a thread here that explains how to get a drop down menu like the one on Joomlapolis in the upper right corner of the user list menu. If possible you could make a dropdown choice for every state for whatever you wanted.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,1221/catid,20/limit,6/limitstart,0/

Post edited by: andyahoo, at: 2005/12/29 21:52

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn