Send User Confirmation Link

18 years 3 months ago #4311 by crow
Send User Confirmation Link was created by crow
Well i dont know for other user, but for me a option to send once more time User Confirmation link is welcome :)).
I dont know why but user do not read they emails, or they accidently delete email and forget to klik on activation link. Then they contact me to "manual" confirm they registration..

:)

Thnx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #4746 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Send User Confirmation Link
crow wrote:

Well i dont know for other user, but for me a option to send once more time User Confirmation link is welcome :)).
I dont know why but user do not read they emails, or they accidently delete email and forget to klik on activation link. Then they contact me to "manual" confirm they registration..

:)

Thnx

CB already automatically resends confirmation-link emails when the user tries to re-register or login without confirmed email, and displays an appropriate message :

Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check your email for further instructions.

Changing this now for 1.0 final to:

Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions. If you don't find the email, please check also your spam-box if you have one.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #5374 by hfhs
Replied by hfhs on topic Re:Send User Confirmation Link

Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions. If you don't find the email, please check also your spam-box if you have one.

Hi Beat, Don't mean to be picky but could you make it like this.

Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check your email again for further instructions. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box.

That's mo better english B)

18 years 2 months ago #5377 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Send User Confirmation Link
hfhs wrote:

Hi Beat, Don't mean to be picky but could you make it like this.

Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check your email again for further instructions. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box.

That's mo better english B)

Thanks, you are right. Actually also got other feed-backs from AOL and Yahoo which get immediate delete of spam option... :-(

So the new text is:

Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are NOT set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email.

English and understandability ok ? ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 2 months ago #5381 by perbau
Replied by perbau on topic Re:Send User Confirmation Link
beat wrote:

CB already automatically resends confirmation-link emails when the user tries to re-register or login without confirmed email, and displays an appropriate message :

Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check your email for further instructions.

Changing this now for 1.0 final to:

This only happens if the user is approved. If the user is not approved the message is "Your userid is not approved" or something lige this. I'm using a danish version.

And the administrator first get's a mail when the user has confirmed their e-amil. So this is a kind off "BLACK-HOLE"

/Per

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn