com_comprofiler registration option

18 years 3 months ago #4543 by rick
How hard would it be to add the registration option to the com_comprofiler component?

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=register

I have seen this asked several times but up to this point have not seen a need for it. I have recently found a website that discribes an inbuilt feature in Invision Power Board to login and get user authentication from an external database. The complete instructions for this can be found at:

www.idobusinessfromhome.com/internet/content/view/13/26/

The problem is that part of that process is the need to provide a URL to the registration page but since com_comprofiler does not have this function provided then as near as I can tell this option to intigrate IPB will not work with CB.

Does anyone have any idea how to make this option work with the current incarnation of CB? If not will the CB core team rethink this and add this functionality into the core.

Thanks,

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4560 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:com_comprofiler registration option
Why would you just use the link from the login module?

In case of this site: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,registers

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #4561 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:com_comprofiler registration option
mikko,

Thanks, I think that I was getting confused between the Login module and the Registration page. The login does not have a com_comprofiler feature and for some reason I was thinking of that instead of the registration. Thanks for straightening me out. I will try this option to see if this will work for IPB. I like IPB but have never found an easy way to integrate it. If this works I will report back.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn