Multiple records as part of a users profile

18 years 4 months ago #899 by pmstick
I would love the abilty to create Multiple related records.

The actual idea I have is that I would like users to be able to enter a wishlist of items that they would like for Xmas. Each item would have perhaps 3 fields (description,URL,price).

I see the frontend UI having a tab, with a grid on it. A couple of buttons for New and Delete. Double clicking on the record would popup a form to edit an existing item.

I realise I could create a plugin that did this, but If I did that then I would not be able to take advantage of the great existing form builder.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Peter

Post edited by: pmstick, at: 2005/11/29 17:32

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #937 by beat
There was a RC1 hack for that, which i saw on another post in this forum (don't have url at hand sorry) is/will be developped into a RC2 plugin. We have provided all the API needed for this integration :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 months ago #944 by pmstick
Thanks for the pointer beat. I found the extensibletab hack in the forums at mambojoe . I'll see if I can port some of this to use the new API's.

Post edited by: pmstick, at: 2005/11/30 03:48

18 years 4 months ago #945 by beat
pmstick wrote:

Thanks for the pointer beat. I found the extensibletab hack in the forums at mambojoe . I'll see if I can port some of this to use the new API's.

Post edited by: pmstick, at: 2005/11/30 03:48

Mikko posted somewhere that he is/will/wants to convert it to CB RC2 plugin. Try contacting him (maybe PM him on this site) to see status and work together, avoiding duplicate work, and moving faster...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 months ago #1327 by mikko
I am currently planning on making this hack a plugin for CB RC2. The implementation is pretty much planned and I can get started with the implementation.

For the first alpha version of the plugin threre is only roughly one day of programming to be done. I expect this to be a week or two.

mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn