Is "Send Email" checking return code in RC2?

18 years 3 months ago #903 by djsdjs
I am generating user documetnation and I tried setting a test profile to an email address that does not exist and then sending an email to it and I get a message that the send failed.

Is "Send Email" now checking the validity of the address?

If so, that's awesome!

It would be great to update the FR to reflect this and/or include a the exact list of all FR's that were put into RC2 (rather than just a list of new functionality which seems to leave little things like this out.)

The FR is: mamboforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5249&group_id=162&atid=693

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #938 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Is
djsdjs wrote:

I am generating user documetnation and I tried setting a test profile to an email address that does not exist and then sending an email to it and I get a message that the send failed.

Is "Send Email" now checking the validity of the address?

If so, that's awesome!

It would be great to update the FR to reflect this and/or include a the exact list of all FR's that were put into RC2 (rather than just a list of new functionality which seems to leave little things like this out.)

The FR is: mamboforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=5249&group_id=162&atid=693

Yes :D, the email result codes are checked, and errors treated. Not only that, but a notification class has been developed, handling email and PMS. It's used for now for CB and connections notifications. Will be part of the plugin API later :).

So, *depending* on your email settings, you will see an error.

Yes, we still need to go through the 150+ feature requests and close all the ones which are implemented (quite a few, actually). Ah if the night had more hours... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn