"Protected" Password recovery

18 years 2 weeks ago #9581 by xeon
"Protected" Password recovery was created by xeon
Hello all !

I'm migrating a somehow large community from an old "homemade" portal to Joomla + CB, and one of the problems I had to solve was the username field , as the old application used the user's email as username.

I've managed to work around it and now I have unique usernames "linked" to each user's email address.

That solved, I now have an issue: As my users don't know the password nor the username for the new site (couldn't migrate the password and the username was "generated"), the only way they have to "access" the site is requesting a new password.
The problem here is that CB asks the user for the "username", and my users don't know what username was assigned to them.

Another issue is the fact that every "Forgot my password" request generates immediatly a new password for that user. In a 7000+ user community there are likely to be some "bad elements" that will get their kicks by requesting new passwords for some "victim members" ...

So...

FEATURE REQUEST:

The "Lost my password" routine should:
- Ask for the user's email address OR the user's "login". One of them is enough.
- Don't change the password immediatly. Instead, send a "verification link" via email to the user's email, asking him to confirm (by following the link) if he/she requested a password change
- If the link is "activated" by the user, change the user's password and send it by email to the user's email account.

Possible to do ?

I "desperatly" need such feature, but my coding skills are pretty close to "none"...

Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 week ago #10064 by xeon
Replied by xeon on topic Re:"Protected" Password recovery
Bump !

Anyone ? :)

17 years 11 months ago #11252 by davidt
Replied by davidt on topic Re:"Protected" Password recovery
BUMP

- Ask for the user's email address OR the user's "login". One of them is enough.

I would also love to see this feature.
:)

17 years 11 months ago #11254 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:"Protected" Password recovery
This is a Joomla feature request (since CB works off of the Joomla core process).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn