[#1363] Authorize.Net situation resolved?

14 years 6 months ago #113288 by allofnothing
Replied by allofnothing on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
thanks for that info, Scott. My Merchant Services and gateway are separate as well (Elevan + Auth.net). I was quoted 20 cents per trans + 1.99% from Elevan when I signed up. Without capturing the AVS (Address), merchant services changed to 32 cents + 3.8%. I ran though my first live transaction at $19.99 and my AUTH.NET fee was $1.08!! This is the fee from the gateway... not including the fee that I assume will be hitting from Merchant Services!

I am charging $19.99 - $129.99 depending on the level of subscription. The higher levels will definitely hurt once they start coming through, but luckily my site is new and I'm hoping the upgrade will be here before we start making the larger sales.

Also, they told me that without that AVS capture they could REQUIRE that I capture it at the sight of ANY fraud. I don't foresee any fraud because we are not product based, but I sure am looking forward to when this feature becomes available! It will ease my mind A LOT!!

-allofnothing
The topic has been locked.
14 years 6 months ago #113290 by SCLRWeb
Thanks for your research...

We will not be disabling the AVS and will have to wait.
WOW... can't believe all that... Geez...

We have now had the CBSubs for ~4 Months and haven't been able to use it at all.

A: Because getting it running on a suitable shared hosting company was difficult due to php.ini memory issues (Resovled now using Godaddy)

B: Have it running but can't accept payments via our only Gateway "Authorize.net"

C: Also was working to get all components and modules 1.5 native compliant so there were no legacy.

Post edited by: hmossessi, at: 2009/10/07 02:13

EDIT: changed subject back to thread subject

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/08 14:14
14 years 6 months ago #113292 by allofnothing
Replied by allofnothing on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
My stance is a little different. I still think that CBSubs is amazing and does everything I need it to and more. I have my site live, with AVS disabled in the backend of my Auth.net account (just as dirtypants posted above), and everything is working perfectly. Since CBSubs is fairly new, I understand that there will be updates and I will be taking the hit for add'l fees until they can resolve the AVS issue. My thoughts are to make it work and build up traffic to my site until the fix is made available. Hope it is very soon!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/08 14:14

-allofnothing
14 years 6 months ago #113359 by SCLRWeb
My Stance was / is reasonable as well...

Agree CBSubs is great advancement however apparently not simply passing billing address through or even creating an option for those fields to be passed?

Like I said we purchased it months ago and our own progress has limited us from implementing and allowed us to wait for bug fix releases...

Finally I get set start running and hit this road block.
Why should I put the Organization at risk by not using AVS when it should have been implemented with warnings.

But seriously 3 Revisions later -
Causing additional losses for something that causes US clients exposure and risk?

Post edited by: hmossessi, at: 2009/10/07 18:57

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/08 14:15
14 years 6 months ago #113365 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
hmossessi wrote:

Why should I put the Organization at risk by not using AVS when it should have been implemented with warnings.

But seriously 3 Revisions later -
Causing additional losses for something that causes US clients exposure and risk?

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that they weren't aware of the issue until the last few weeks. Check the thread -- I was the first to bring it up. I think part of the reason is that I have so much experience with online merchant services and their terms of service in the U.S.

My main complaint is that this isn't being treated as a priority. It is costing me a lot of money. And the initial response was, "But if we ask for verification, people's conversion rates will drop," which felt a lot like, "Suck it up -- we have customers who sacrifice risk for conversion and they are more important."

When you pay for a module like this, you expect things that are of this magnitude to be taken more seriously. The guys at AEC were incredibly responsive with just a donation. Especially with security-type problems.

Otherwise, the CBSubs guys have been really helpful in my setting it up, given that 90% of the questions by folks here have been asked and answered thousands of times (or in the manual).

I'm hoping they see the importance. This is a very serious issue.

S

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
14 years 6 months ago #113366 by SCLRWeb
I will concede to that point...

I am just a bit confused even though I understand only some of their reasoning..

The CC Invoicing address should have a simple warning that the Transaction could fail if the information doesn't match the credit card holders billing information. Invoicing / Billing Address are the same term to me.

I can't complain that CBSubs doesn't attend to its customers for the most part. The Team has been fairly good but albeit with some attitude at times about it (but I can't knock them because its the same question being asked time and time again.)

Just means their documentation / knowledge base management system is lacking as it is only a forum and the manuals.

For the most part I'm still learning CBSubs... but geez... killing me when I actually start making progress to get things running and I get held up once again...

I've still got workflow issues to deal with and that is a problem as well! But can't test payment cleanly without a Dev Auth.net Account which is also a pain...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn