[#1363] Authorize.Net situation resolved?

14 years 7 months ago #111879 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
I'd just give the customer the mismatch message (I forgot that you'd have to work with the API to get the AVS message back), and tell them that the address with which they are registering must be their billing address for the card. They can always change the address back.

Remember, if it is optional, then the folks who don't worry about security will get their conversions. But those of us who have thousands of dollars on the line on other businesses using that gateway wouldn't mind.....

If this is a virtual community, then it shouldn't matter that they change their address for a while. But if you are selling products that are tangible, you might give some thought to a more secure AVS feature.

Thanks,

S

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
The topic has been locked.
14 years 7 months ago #111880 by beat
dirtypants wrote:

I'd just give the customer the mismatch message (I forgot that you'd have to work with the API to get the AVS message back), and tell them that the address with which they are registering must be their billing address for the card. They can always change the address back.

Remember, if it is optional, then the folks who don't worry about security will get their conversions. But those of us who have thousands of dollars on the line on other businesses using that gateway wouldn't mind.....

If this is a virtual community, then it shouldn't matter that they change their address for a while. But if you are selling products that are tangible, you might give some thought to a more secure AVS feature.

Thanks,

S

Once transaction is done, billing address can not be changed. That's an accounting rule in many countries that CBsubs implements.

So you can't change the invoicing address just for payment.

We would need an additional address on the payment form which is the CREDIT CARD billing address.... :S

That's why i'm kindly asking what the community (including You :) ) here would like to see as an user interface...

Potentially, the user would have to enter 3 times address:
1) For his user profile
2) For billing / invoice of the purchase
3) For the credit-card AVS

That's a lot...

So ideas welcome....

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
14 years 7 months ago #111930 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
beat wrote:

Potentially, the user would have to enter 3 times address:
1) For his user profile
2) For billing / invoice of the purchase
3) For the credit-card AVS

That's a lot...

So ideas welcome....

Beat,

Thanks for continuing the dialog. I'm not sure that there are many circumstances under which the invoice address and billing address would need to be different. We aren't mailing the invoice to them....

I would be thrilled with expecting #2 and #3 to be the same thing. That way you might trigger only one more point where they enter info, and it would be two fields. You don't need city and state; no cards verify by anything other than zip and the numeric value of the street address.

And it could be just that -- something that is optional for the admin to implement based on their comfort level.

S

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
14 years 7 months ago #112190 by allofnothing
Replied by allofnothing on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
I'm in the EXACT same situation with Authorize.net. I spoke with them at length today and found out that my per-transaction fees will go up heavily if we do not capture the billing address. My site does not capture the address for the purpose of the user's profile, so within SETTINGS --> DISPLAY --> INVOICES, I selected "Mandatory Invoicing Address". The site seems to function properly, and in fact when I have my Authorize.net gateway in TEST MODE, it works just fine (although I'd love to have the address capture page on the same page as the CVC auth. page in order to save a step)... but when I take it out of TEST MODE I get the same AVS error described in the above post. I know that in the U.S. most people who make online purchases are used to the requirement of providing their address, so I'm not worried about losing the sale. Honestly, the only reason I went with Authorize.net is because it was the only supported gateway for CBSubs (so far!), so I would really like to get this working. My site goes live as soon as this is conquered!

I changed the provided text that says something about entering your address for the invoice, to this... "We need your credit card billing address to successfully verify your payment. This address will be used only for credit card processing and will not appear on your user profile.", which I think will eliminate any confusion. So... any way that I can submit that invoice address to Authorize.net??

Thanks!

Post edited by: allofnothing, at: 2009/09/25 09:36

-allofnothing
14 years 6 months ago #113033 by klempit
Virtuemart and other shopping carts have a billing and ship-to address, with a check-box that makes billing and shipping address the same. This would seem to solve the problem for physical goods sellers.

Passing the address data to Authorize.net would be good for those who have fraud settings tight on the merchant panels at Authorize.net.

What I'd like to see is that this data entry updates the profile -- my user would enter invoice address info and then his/her profile would automatically update... does this need a separate post? Thanks!
14 years 6 months ago #113061 by krileon
klempit wrote:

Virtuemart and other shopping carts have a billing and ship-to address, with a check-box that makes billing and shipping address the same. This would seem to solve the problem for physical goods sellers.

Passing the address data to Authorize.net would be good for those who have fraud settings tight on the merchant panels at Authorize.net.

What I'd like to see is that this data entry updates the profile -- my user would enter invoice address info and then his/her profile would automatically update... does this need a separate post? Thanks!

That's the basis of the idea, the feature request is noted and believe planned to be implemented. We just don't have a release date or time frame. We've other priorities at this time such as payment gateway API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn