first login url by plan still not working

14 years 5 months ago #114256 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:first login url by plan still not working
This is very unfortunate as we have promised our client this functionality as it is a feature of CBSubs. It is a bit embarrassing being powerless to fix the issue with one of the key features we had promised. They are now ready to go live but do not want to go live without this feature working.

I know you hate this question but could you give me some idea of when the next version of CBSubs will be out? We currently have 7 licences and want to buy several more but need to get this project finished before be can move on.

We are willing join the test team if you need any testers as CB and CBSubs is becoming an increasingly important part of our business. At least then we could help get bugs fixed. We are already part of the Joomla Bug Squad so have plenty of experience in testing and fixing bugs. We have also released 7 plugins based on the CB framework:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewowner/user_id,221737/Itemid,64

We would also really like to get into the CBSubs API when it becomes available.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #114277 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:first login url by plan still not working
We're working as quickly as we possibly can. There's only so much we can do, I apologize for the inconvenience, but hammering the issue won't resolve it any sooner. We are working on it, but as with any issues it takes time. If by fixing this, does it break that, if it does, what else is broken... there's a lot to consider in what seemingly should be minor fixes. We really don't have a release date, hopefully soon, but we can't commit to a date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #114283 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:first login url by plan still not working
Thanks for your response, we do appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting in! Sorry for hammering but sometimes it is hard to explain to a client why we now can't do something that we said we could. They wanted to see that we were doing all we could to fix the issue so your response was appreciated.

We have managed to find a satisfactory workaround for now so that we can go live! :cheer:

For anyone else with this problem, we created a separate login page for each plan. Users are then emailed their specific login page depending on the plan they selected. We then used a YOOlogin module on each login page and specified the desired login URL for each. This bypasses the CB/CBSubs settings and therefore bypasses the problem.

Happy days! B)

In all seriousness, we are keen to join the test team if you want us. We feel we have more to give to both CB and CBSubs and would love to get more involved with the projects.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn