Content permissions

14 years 5 months ago #114039 by ipokkel
Content permissions was created by ipokkel
I've got one plan. This plan is set to allow a member (with std joomla registered user rights) publisher rights to a certain content section. The section key (ID) is 13 in the jos_sections table.

When I access one of this section's category lists I do not see any icons for editing or adding an article. However when I click on the article title and that article is opened, I then see the edit article icon.

Another anomaly I discovered is that when I change the content integration to another section (FAQ) with key ID=3 I then have publisher rights for the sections with key ID=13 even though it's not selected for integration in the plan.

Last but not least, when I select News(ID=1) and FAQ (ID=3) sections for publisher permission in the content integration I have publisher rights in the front end for all sections even though only the aforementioned sections are selected.

I experience this on two different testing servers, have done fresh installs to double check but the issue persists.
I've tried search the forums but can't find anything to help solve this.

I'm desperate! Can someone please help.

[If someone from JP is willing to investigate I'm willing to pm Joomla admin details as well as cpanel login details]
Environment:

Apache version 1.3.41 (Unix)
PHP version 5.2.6
MySQL version 5.0.85-community
Operating system Linux
Kernel version 2.6.18-164.el5

Joomla 1.5.14

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #114060 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Content permissions
We're aware of the CBSubs Content integration issues.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,113161/catid,88/limit,6/limitstart,36/

Much can be template or user configuration related so please exhaust all possibilities first. However the above thread does address much testing of these issues and bug tickets are in affect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn