jos_cbsubs_history table round 15 Mo !!!

14 years 5 months ago #114345 by crony
Hello,

I can't dump locally anymore with phpmyadmin.
I have some logs like this :

New currency exchange rate received from source: CB

New currency exchange rate received from source: European Central Bank

Then tons of :

NOTICE: Undefined variable: moduleclass_sfx in F:\jtest\modules\mod_AddThis\mod_AddThis.php on line 38

etc...

I was wondering if an alert mail could be setuped while logs getting too big, or set a max size with alert...Fortunatly, I'm working locally, but I'm wondering if I could have explode my database online...

Thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #114414 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:jos_cbsubs_history table round 15 Mo !!!
What's the problem exactly? This shouldn't cause any issues for you. You're welcome to purge history manually from phpmyadmin if you see fit. The logger provides you with errors presented on your site that could affect CBSubs, it also informs you of any update/change.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #114471 by crony
Not a problem (yet) in fact.
I just saw that this table could increase very rapidly...And may degrade the server performances, and disturb futur planified automated backups.
A solution might be to have this table isolated on an other database(with just this table), or a log file to put into a proper directory, and not into the database...
I may also check this table and clean it...True...^^
Or add a mail alert if this table is getting too big...(included into cbsub log config could be great)

Post edited by: crony, at: 2009/10/19 01:25

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 5 months ago #114474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:jos_cbsubs_history table round 15 Mo !!!
As is you can delete multiple entries (however many you have displayed) using the checkboxes and the delete button. Would a Purge button suffice to delete ALL entries (obviously with a warning before it performs deletion)? Seams like a rather good feature request.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #114478 by crony
Interesting, yes, but for "log killers" :)
Seriously, more than quickly deleting logs (I would prefer to keep them all...), what I see with the way logs are stored is a table that could put my server on his knees.
And I don't like that too much...
Maybe an automated storage of logs each X days (with a path that we could setup) would let the table not getting too big, and keeping all history log intacts ?

If someone wants to delete the logs, because he wants a clean table for starting prod site, phpMyAdmin would do that...And I think it's the only case logs should be deleted.

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 5 months ago #114503 by crony
For example, the Plesk interface logs can be kept x days into database, or you can log a x number of login, or you can keep all logs into database.

As cbsub is loging payments, I strongly suggest adding a way to store them.(on a log file outside the database for history, cleaning the table each x days)

Thanks !

Post edited by: crony, at: 2009/10/19 13:24

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn