[SOLVED] Internal Server Error

14 years 5 months ago #115293 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Internal Server Error
Fresh install is exhibiting the same symptoms. Thought possible it was the auto-install script used to install Joomla, but installed a fresh copy of Joomla on top of it and issue still present. The only conclusion I can come to is there is an issue with your host. I don't know what is misconfiguration to cause this. Is there another host provider you can test with? The issue is apparently or appears to be the new memory limit is not always functioning for whatever reason.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/27 18:11

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #115295 by jux
Replied by jux on topic Re:Internal Server Error
ok thanks once again. i am talking with my hosting company now and i will see what reply they can give me. Other then that i do have a media temple account i can try but ideally i dont want to move from this host.

14 years 5 months ago #115296 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Internal Server Error
jux wrote:

ok thanks once again. i am talking with my hosting company now and i will see what reply they can give me. Other then that i do have a media temple account i can try but ideally i dont want to move from this host.

I also noticed according to the errors 25952256 was the maximum allowed. This is actually only 24MB. This means the 256MB or any limit you've set is not being used, not sure for what reason that is happening, but 64MB should be the very minimum used. Providing this information and your error logs to your host should help them diagnose the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #115300 by jux
from the previous post my hosting company have said

Thanks for the reply. What is this script trying to do, can you please confirm as there a number of different settings for memory limit, upload sizes, etc.? If the settings have been updated via the php.ini (or php5.ini) file then they will always take effect, this will not work sometimes and not others. It seems a little strange that the script authors would not be aware of any potential php settings that may cause the issue.

You can also increase the web server memory limit by editing (or creating in your script's folder if it does not exist) the ".htaccess" file and adding the following line:

RLimitMem 128000000

il try what they say then il relay the information you have just gave me.

14 years 5 months ago #115301 by jux
after all that is was just adding:

RLimitMem 128000000

in the .htaccess files

so anyone using heartinternet that maybe a future problem perhaps.

:blush: :blush:

many thanks :side:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn