[SOLVED] Regular Validity duration limits

14 years 5 months ago #115036 by Robert_ITMan
[SOLVED] Regular Validity duration limits was created by Robert_ITMan
Noticed a limitation with setting Regular Validity duration (RVd) and Renewable in advance by (Riab). We have a simple yearly subscription January 1 to December 31 and would like members to renew and new registrants to apply up to 3 month early. When setting RVd to ‘this current Year’ and Riab to ‘3 months’ existing members can renew early but new registrants can’t. How can we can have it so both new registrants can apply early and existing members can renew early? I thought in October we could temporarily set RVd to ‘this and next current Year’ and Riab to ‘only after expiration’ and new registrants can apply but existing members show 2 years and can’t renew early. Even setting RVd to ‘this and next current Year’ and Riab to ‘3 months’ new registrants can apply early but existing members get 2 years and for the price of one.

Also noticed a small bug with how the years show in reverse for a subscribed user, yet users that can upgrade and new registrations show the years in the proper order. For example the subscription shows:

Years 2010 - 2009 (valid from now on)

It should show:

Year 2009 - 2010 (valid from now on)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/26 13:23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #115037 by Robert_ITMan
Replied by Robert_ITMan on topic Re:limitation with setting Regular Validity duration
OK, I'm answering my own question - it's late...

I found that in October I can set 'Is the first amount and period different' to 'Different first period and price for Registration and Upgrade' and set 'Initial validity duration' to 'this and next calendar year'. That solves the problem - we just need to remember on December 31 to change it back

Just hope new registrants will understand this description, as it doesn't state the years:

100.00 CAD for 2 calendar years, then 100.00 CAD per calendar year.

But hey... I'm happy it's all working like we wanted.

14 years 4 months ago #116617 by Robert_ITMan
Replied by Robert_ITMan on topic Re:limitation with setting Regular Validity duration
OK me again... there is a bug with this method as the invoice only shows the first year. It needs to show next year as well or bwetter yet just show next year. It would be acceptable to have the invoice display as it does when registering '2 calendar years'.

14 years 4 months ago #116641 by krileon
Edit the invoice to display as you'd like it. Navigate to CBSubs Settings followed by Display then Invoice. If the price (which also shows duration) is not display how you'd like it then edit the plan and edit the Price from [AUTOMATIC] to whatever you're needing it to display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #116650 by Robert_ITMan
Thats GREAT - Thank You!!!

I will assume the description sticks to the invoice so when looking at it 5 years from now it will be as it was when the invoice was cut.

I've setup my calendar to remind me to make these changes manually every year.

I copied the info here incase someone is searching the forum for default settings and example:

[code:1]CB Paid Subscriptions: Edit Subscription Plan > Pricing Payment invoice item text

Settings for item text when presenting the invoice to the user, as well as the description text sent to the payment processor: You can substitute text using following strings: [PREFIX_TEXT] (depending on payment: can be empty for new subscriptions, or Renew, Upgrade), [ITEM_NAME], [ITEM_ALIAS], [ITEM_DESCRIPTION], [VALIDITY] (displays duration of plan, not recommended as it displays also for auto-recurring plans), [VALIDITY_IF_NOT_AUTORECURRING], [EXPIRY] (not recommended as it displays also for auto-recurring plans, displays expiry date/time (if configured), [EXPIRING_IF_NOT_AUTORECURRING] (displays expiring on date +time if configured to display time, formatted by CB date format), [PLANS_TITLE], [SITENAME], [SITEURL], [USERNAME], [NAME], [EMAIL] and any [cb_fieldname].

Payment item text: [PREFIX_TEXT] [PLANS_TITLE]: [ITEM_NAME][VALIDITY_IF_NOT_AUTORECURRING] for [USERNAME]
changed to: [PREFIX_TEXT] Year 2010 Full Membership for [NAME]

Payment processor item text (short): [PREFIX_TEXT] Year 2010 Full Membership for [NAME]
changed to: [PREFIX_TEXT] Year 2010 Full Membership for [NAME][/code:1]

So many settings so little time...

CBSubs Rocks!

14 years 4 months ago #116655 by krileon

I will assume the description sticks to the invoice so when looking at it 5 years from now it will be as it was when the invoice was cut.

Unfortunately this is not the case. Invoice display changes are dynamic and change all the invoices display once you've changed the display in CBSubs -> Settings -> Display -> Invoice.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.702 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn