[SOLVED] Regular Validity duration limits

14 years 5 months ago #116658 by Robert_ITMan
Replied by Robert_ITMan on topic Re:limitation with setting Regular Validity duration
I don't understand... I will now assume that I should NOT enter the year in text in these fields... what should I enter?

Would really appreciate your suggestion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116660 by krileon
Robert_ITMan wrote:

I don't understand... I will now assume that I should NOT enter the year in text in these fields... what should I enter?

Would really appreciate your suggestion.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, what you have is perfectly fine for "Payment item text:" as that text is a plan by plan basis. What I was explaining is that if you change that text or the text of CBSubs -> Settings -> Display -> Invoice it will change the display of the invoice regardless of when the invoice was generated.

This means if you have the plan to show 2010 then it becomes 2010 and you change it to 2011. Then all the invoices that the user previously had which said 2010; now say 2011. Does this make more sense? The invoices are dynamic.

To work around this, when you're done with that plan simply create a NEW plan (could easily use the copy feature) and disable new subscriptions for the old plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116667 by Robert_ITMan
Replied by Robert_ITMan on topic Re:limitation with setting Regular Validity duration
OK now I understand... I assume it's OK to leave it as typed in as 2010 for now and I in the new year I will change it to be dynamic.

You are so helpful I am hoping I can get you to look at another problem here:
Re:Allow Public user to send mail to Registered user
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,47/id,110068/

Again Thank You!

CBSubs Rocks!!

14 years 5 months ago #116826 by Robert_ITMan
No not OK!

Setting the invoice dates manually is not the only problem. Please understand that this wil not work for anyone -- the dates that show are incorrect!

This issue is actually with "Renewable in advance by:" when this is used the dates displayed need to be recalculated for the next period instead of how it is now it shows the current periaod.

Basically we want it set so that registration is for the current year and that you are allowed to renew for next year, 2 months early. The system works and the membership is renewed correctly in the system but the dates show the current year on the invoice, the PayPal payment and when renewing.

Without the developers resolving this issue we can only allow renewals in the new year – no registering early... yet...

Please help or point me in the right direction for hacking this myself - it should be easy to change how the dates are calculated here...

Thank You!

14 years 5 months ago #116829 by krileon
It's not a simple change and "hacking" it is impossible as the code is encrypted. Custom plan durations are planned and this feature request has long been noted already. We do not have an release date however, payment gateway API is our top priority.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116831 by Robert_ITMan
Please confirm, as I don't think the dates displayed for the Subscription plans would be encrypted as the payment gateway hasn't been requested yet. It shows when upgrading (I think renewals, new registrations, and restricted access are all OK).

We are not asking for a custom plan duration - ours is simple: a yearly subscription Jan 1 to Dec 31 - it doesn't get easier than that.

Would appreciate having a link to keep track of when this is resolved (hope it's fixed by June 2010 or else we'll really have an issue next year).

I have told our client that we will have to live with it for now.

CB and CBSubs from Joomlapolis are wonderful products and the fact that you are so responsive and continuing to work on it is very comforting - I know these minor issues will get resolved sooner or later.

Thanks Again!

P.S. I'm sending a private note to the CB team with the website we've developed so you can login and see what you helped us create ... its a wonderful thing!

Post edited by: Robert_ITMan, at: 2009/11/14 03:47

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn