activation mail to early

14 years 5 months ago #116710 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:activation mail to early
staeren wrote:

is there any workaround for refreshing? i am not very sure how to do this? do i need a new database? do i just have to copy the whole site via fp to another map? the site will be live in a few weeks. i worked for about 2 months to get the settings ok. Does a backup restore is a possible solution? Do you have any other suggestions?

You're just creating a fresh install to confirm if the issue is related to your installation or not. This is the only way to determine that the cause is something wrong with your installation or not. Do not install a ton of extensions on the fresh site, all you need is Joomla + CB + CBSubs then determine if issue is still present. It's simply a test site, it's not a replacement for your production site. This is just another typical step of the debug process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116711 by staeren
Replied by staeren on topic Re:activation mail to early
hello, thx a lot for giving great support... I have so say that the install of joomla or cb has not changed since the errors. Do you think it is worth to try to uninstall cbsubs and install again? i think that all the settings of cbsubs are just like before when doing this ?

14 years 5 months ago #116713 by staeren
i found this in the log. i use 2 public plans, both are completely separate. Do i have to allow upgrade?

History and Logs
This is the full log of history events, change log, and error log.
Event type: Change log
Event time: 13/10/2009 16:37:17
Message: Enable allow_upgrade_to_this from administration backend
Table affected: Plans
Table Key: 1
Change: update
Change:
Veld Oude waarde Nieuwe waarde
allow_upgrade_to_this 0 1

Username: staeren
Full name: Dimitry Staeren
User Id: 62
IP Address: 78.21.190.190
Log Priority: Info
Log Id: 258

14 years 5 months ago #116716 by krileon
That's not an error, but just a log of an update. So you have confirmed that a fresh install does not resolve the issue? If this is the case it's host, misconfiguration, or possibly a bug. Do ANY emails on your site work? The best test for this is to use Joomlas backend Mass Mailer to test if emails send or not (I ask due to this thread you've created).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/12 15:19

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116717 by staeren
mass mailer gives no result of mails...

14 years 5 months ago #116728 by krileon
staeren wrote:

mass mailer gives no result of mails...

Then the fault is with the mail server or you've misconfiguration your mail settings in Joomla Global configuration. Consult with your host the proper configuration for your mail settings. When investigating I did notice you were attempting to use SMTP.

Please keep in mind when using SMTP the PORT is needed in more then one location. See example below:

SMTP Port: 111
SMTP Host: my.server.com:111

Notice the port also needs to be in the host. Additional precautions are also needed if using authentication which would be as follows:

SMTP Host: ssl://my.sever.com:111

However, this is dependent on your server. I advise attempting phpmailer first before needing to use SMTP mailer.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn