[#1371] Joomla User Group Problem

14 years 2 months ago #121648 by softforge
[#1371] Joomla User Group Problem was created by softforge
I have the following plan structure set to put the users in the user groups shown:

O Free (Registered)
O Monthly (Author)
...[] Premium (Editor)
O Quartley (Author)
...[] Premium (Editor)
O Yearly (Author)
...[] Premium (Editor)

This works great for the exclusive parent plans and also downgrades them to registered when the plan expires. But it doesn't work for the non-exclusive child plans. I need CBSubs to make the user an Editor if they optionality choose the premium plan (either at registration or later) and then downgrade them when it expires. I have tried many different things but just cannot get this to work.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm sure I could write the SQL in the integration plugin but it would be nice to get the built-in feature working as expected.

Many thanks.

Post edited by: softforge, at: 2010/01/13 15:01

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/13 20:30

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #121673 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Joomla User Group Problem
Was able to duplicate your issue. Once you've assigned a user to a usergroup they can not obtain another usergroup from any other subscription (parent or child plan, doesn't matter).

It's undetermined at this time if intentional (to prevent multiple depths of usergroups) or if a bug, but have created a ticket for it to be investigated further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The best work around I can suggest is taking the time to examine Joomla database and assign the user to a new usergroup through CBSubs SQL Actions. Don't forget to revert the change once unsubscribed!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 day ago #128256 by paceit
Replied by paceit on topic Re:Joomla User Group Problem
Am I misreading this or are you really saying that if a user downgrades, and then later decides to upgrade that the group cannot be set?

What is the problem with just setting the Joomla group? Personally I see this as a bug which requires fixing. If a plan dictates that the user should belong to a certain group then that's what is should do. Please advise as this may cause problems for the site I am launching this weekend. I am at this point as I identified this same issue.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.676 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn