assigned user group of plan changed....

14 years 2 months ago #122494 by sunjeev
I have a plan that is hidden (reporter plan), available on front end but only by url link to non-registered users. On subscription a user becomes a publisher. (this set up is on a testing website)

1.i registered and subscribed to this plan using a test email account.
2. I wanted to lock publishing to one section only. I set this in the content tab. author by section and publish by section. But this user can publish anywhere. Is this a bug or can you not prevent a publisher?
*I tested this theory by creating a copy plan but group change to author, this works...locked to section.

3.I changed the reporter plan to author group.
4.in cbuser i cancelled the reporter plan from the user.
5.logged in as user on front end and got option to resubcribe.
6.when i resubscribed i was not dropped down to author group!?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #122500 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:assigned user group of plan changed....
You modified a plan with an existing user subscribed, this is what caused the usergroup issue.

If using the publisher rights, etc... with the CBSubs Content integration then do NOT make the user a publisher or author. The integration will give them the proper permissions; if you set them as Author/Publisher they'll be able to edit all sections, etc... as normally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #122512 by sunjeev
Replied by sunjeev on topic Re:assigned user group of plan changed....
krileon wrote:

You modified a plan with an existing user subscribed, this is what caused the usergroup issue.

Sorry I'm a little confused, could you please clarify.

Q.If I made a mistake in my live site and lots of people subscribed. What would be the best way to modify the plan?

If using the publisher rights, etc... with the CBSubs Content integration then do NOT make the user a publisher or author. The integration will give them the proper permissions; if you set them as Author/Publisher they'll be able to edit all sections, etc... as normally.

Q.I think the joomla acl defines that a registered user can Submit and article, an Author can submit and edit THEIR OWN articles. A Publisher can author and edit THEIR OWN AND EVERYBODY Elses articles. Whats the safest way to assign these rights in cbsubs?

14 years 2 months ago #122520 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:assigned user group of plan changed....

Whats the safest way to assign these rights in cbsubs?

Keep user as Registered and grant the user permissions from the Content tab of your plans using CBSubs Content integration. You can assign author, publisher, etc... rights.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn