Can't install CBSubs

14 years 2 months ago #124302 by cebo0650
Replied by cebo0650 on topic Re:Can't install CBSubs
Thanks for all the pointers and sorry for the overhead.

I installed IonCube using these instructions [urlhttp://helpdesk.bluehost.com/index.php/kb/article/000149][/url] and am now trying to insall the plugin using CB plugin manager.

Looks like I'm doing something wrong with the IonCube install. I'm now getting: "The required free ionCube loader for your server type and php version is not installed. Please contact your hoster to install it for you, or visit ionCube free downloads page of ionCube loaders for the loader and instructions. In case of problems insalling the loader, please contact ionCube support directly after checking their support forum. Thanks."

Maybe I'm placing the php.ini file in the wrong place. Where should I be placing it. The site I need CBSubs on is a subdomin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124306 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Can't install CBSubs
cebo0650 wrote:

Thanks for all the pointers and sorry for the overhead.

I installed IonCube using these instructions [urlhttp://helpdesk.bluehost.com/index.php/kb/article/000149][/url] and am now trying to insall the plugin using CB plugin manager.

Looks like I'm doing something wrong with the IonCube install. I'm now getting: "The required free ionCube loader for your server type and php version is not installed. Please contact your hoster to install it for you, or visit ionCube free downloads page of ionCube loaders for the loader and instructions. In case of problems insalling the loader, please contact ionCube support directly after checking their support forum. Thanks."

Maybe I'm placing the php.ini file in the wrong place. Where should I be placing it. The site I need CBSubs on is a subdomin.

First thing you need to do is ask your hoster for assistance - perhaps they have done it before and have special provisioning for it.

14 years 1 month ago #124923 by pbrough
Replied by pbrough on topic Re:Can't install CBSubs
Hi,

I am having the same problem. I have read the documentation and followed the instructions exactly. I have tried repackaging the install but it does not work.

Please help.

Phil

14 years 1 month ago #124978 by inbta
Replied by inbta on topic Re:Can't install CBSubs
Phil...As stated many times over. and even in this post below.

1) You MUST follow the directions to the "T."

But in an effort to also assist you, I am REPOSTING my POST IN THIS POST.
"NOW..I DO KNOW THIS. and this is important. YOU WILL not be able to install it UNTIL you have have IonCube installed on your host FIRST!. I can help you with this too.

Now..if you say, "..well I already have IonCube installed and it STILL does not work.." That means that IonCube is NOT installed properly. The biggest mistake people make is they do not create a php5.ini file. You also have to check your version of PHP on your host. If your site is still using version 4, (ew!) then you need to ask them to upgrade. cuz..well...5 is betterereerrer. If you are not using 5. Then the changes will need to be made in the php.ini file. Place the ini file IN the same directory as the IonCube Directory. Then after IonCube is installed properly. CSUBS will install.

NOW...This is NOT installed like any other component. You have to install the file IN COMMUNITY BUILDER. NOT in the normal Joomla Install.

LET ME SAY AGAIN.

IONCUBE MUST BE INSTALLED AND WORKING - BEFORE YOU CAN INSTALL! NOW, if you do not know how to do this, then contact your host to do it for you. If you have goDaddy, then they already have it set to go and all you have to do is upload the IONCUBE FILES. If not, HAVE your host install it for you. How will you know it works? Because it will just install.

But READ the directions first. THEY ARE PERFECT. If the Guys here seems, well, "snappy" they are entitled. The documentation is PERFECT.

Who am I. just a user of this program who followed the directions and it worked out of the gate first time no issues or hassles AT ALL.

So..I have chose to take it upon myself to assist as many people as possible to take some hassle away from the developers.

Everyone..this is an advanced program and there is a lot going on. If you have ever used AEC, then your transition will be seemless. If you have never used a program like this before. THEN READ THE MANUAL BEFORE YOU INSTALL LIKE THEY SAID TO!

You guys can email me directly too at cba_appt@yahoo.com. I will help anyone...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn