[#1484] CBSubs DOCman plugin and group assignment

14 years 1 month ago #124523 by rstoffiere
I am running a site with Joomla 1.5.15, CB 1.2.1, CBSubs 1.0.3 and DOCman 1.5.2. In DOCman, I have a group named "Upload Docs", which I have granted permission to upload documents only - the group cannot approve or publish docs. In CBSubs, I utilized the DOCman integration plugin to assign users to a subscription plan to the "Upload Docs" group in DOCman. When users subscribed, they were indeed added to the correct "Upload Docs" group.

However, these users WERE able to have their uploaded documents published automatically from the front-end of the site, contrary to how DOCman was configured. Upon investigating the DOCman table (jos_docman), I found that the user ID being inserted in the "submitted by" column was the admin ID of 63. The user ID inserted into the "last update by" column was the correct user ID who submitted the doc. These IDs should be the same.

As a test, I created a user and added them to the "Upload Docs" group manually through the DOCman Groups interface. The behavior for these was as it should have been - they were able to upload documents without having them published. When I looked at the underlying database records for these, the "submitted by" ID was correct for the user that submitted the doc.

Any ideas on this would be helpful.

Rick

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/21 16:27

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #124529 by krileon
Have investigated the source of CBSubs Docman integration and uses same/similar methods as Docman it self for adding users to a Group. B)

CBSubs Docman does not control or handle the Docman permissions; please see your Docman configuration or contact the developers of Docman for further assistance. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #124532 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re:DOCman integration plugin and group assignment
Thanks! I did submit a support request over with the DOCman folks as well. If I get an answer I will post here as well.

Strange that it is working that way. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it happen myself:ohmy:

14 years 1 month ago #124545 by krileon
rstoffiere wrote:

Thanks! I did submit a support request over with the DOCman folks as well. If I get an answer I will post here as well.

Strange that it is working that way. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it happen myself:ohmy:

Is a bit strange; would be interested too in hearing what Docman advises, thank you. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #124772 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re:DOCman integration plugin and group assignment
I have been further testing this issue, and I can report that:

Through several dozen tests with many different users and documents, it is ALWAYS the case that users assigned to a DOCman group using the CBSubs plugin are given access rights to auto-publish documents uploaded from the front end. The docs that these users upload show the admin ID (63) in the "dmsubmittedby" field in the jos_docman table, and the correct user ID in the "dmlastupdateby" field.

It is also ALWAYS the case that users assigned to a DOCman group via the Groups feature in DOCman itself are NOT granted the rights to auto-publish documents from the front end, which is the behavior I want/expect due to my config settings. The docs that these users upload show the corrent user ID in the "dmsubmittedby" field in the jos_docman table, and the correct user ID in the "dmlastupdateby" field.

Something is rotten in Denmark:S

14 years 1 month ago #124838 by krileon
Will require further investigation; have created a bug ticket for your issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn