CB login does not work with default Joomla SEF

14 years 1 month ago #126491 by paceit
I recently installed CB 1.2.2 and also CB Subs and was using the default Joomla SEF enabled. This worked fine with CB 1.2.1 on its own.

Now the CB login is totally unresponsive. If I disable SEF it works again. Please advise how to resolve this issue as I need to use friendly URL's.

I enabled Yoo login to see if that works and it does, but obviously I want to use CB login and registration instead.

I'm running Joomla 1.5.15 and have no other SEF products installed or enabled to my knowledge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126528 by krileon
Was not able to duplicate, please ensure you've correctly updated to CB 1.2.2 and updated the CB Login module as well as the component. Also please check that you have the Joomla SEF plugin published and public accessible. If using mod_rewrite ensure you've properly renamed/configured your htaccess file.

It's possible this is due to the login POST url being SEF. Please edit the following to unSEF the post URL.

IN: modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php
ON: Line 566
[code:1]
$loginPost = cbSef("index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login"«»);
[/code:1]
TO:
[code:1]
$loginPost = "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login";
[/code:1]

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/11 15:19

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126699 by beat
Joomla 1.5 SEF NEEDS MANDATORILY a menu entry for the component.

Most probably your install doesn't have that menu entry for CB Profile, as explained in README and Install doc.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 1 month ago #126719 by paceit
OK! thank you both. I will check later tonight as travelling. will report back. cheers

13 years 11 months ago #133051 by paceit
I've been using a variety of SEF products including sh404SEF and JoomSEF, but both still also experience different problems with CB and CB subs. As a result of this I've now had to ditch both paid-for products, and reverted back to default Joomla SEF.

I am now back with my original problem where the module login not functioning. I cannot login, ask for password reminder, log out or register. A menu item exists for login, and users can now only login via the MENU.

I have edited the mod_cblogin.php and changed the following:

line 312:

From
[code:1]$logoutPost = cbSef("index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=logout"«»);[/code:1]
To:
$[code:1]logoutPost = "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=logout";[/code:1]

and line 1117 (approx):
[code:1]$loginPost = cbSef("index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login"«»);[/code:1]
To:

[code:1]$loginPost = "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login";[/code:1]

and line 1511(approx):
[code:1]$loginPost = cbSef("index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=lostPassword"«»);[/code:1]
To:
[code:1]$loginPost = "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=lostPassword";[/code:1]

and line 1608 (approx):
[code:1]$loginPost = cbSef("index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers"«»);[/code:1]
To:
$[code:1]loginPost = "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers";[/code:1]

I think it is excessive for me to have to make these changes to core code. Please can you advise of a simpler solution which will not interfere with an upgrade in future?

Post edited by: paceit, at: 2010/05/14 11:53

13 years 11 months ago #133084 by krileon

I think it is excessive for me to have to make these changes to core code. Please can you advise of a simpler solution which will not interfere with an upgrade in future?

We're not able to duplicate your issue is the problem. If how the URLs were built then all CB FORMs would fail as all have the same cbSef function to properly build form URLs.

Did the change as instructed resolve your issue? Would seam a problem with your installation all together if is not working properly with SEF as can not duplicate locally. Joomla SEF with and without .htaccess mod_rewrite is tested and confirmed working.

If issue persists then please PM Joomla backend login credentials and will take a look when time permits, thank you.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/15 03:06

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn