Error 500 When Click on Settings after install

14 years 1 week ago #126839 by pmcgratty
Running Joomla 1.5.15
Running CB 1.2.1
Running CBSubs 1.0.3

Development website running correctly for Joomla and Community Builder. CB Tools tests all are green.

Tried to enter settings to setup license but keep getting Error 500 - Internal Server Error.

I'm a Joomla user ... not a programmer. Have no idea where to start looking for a fix. Reviewed forum but did not see the error described when click on settings the initial time.

Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #126840 by nant
Check your server error logs.

If you don't know how ask your host.

Then post back findings.

14 years 1 week ago #126851 by pmcgratty
Host is 1and1. They no longer keep error logs for community servers. They offer code that can be placed in the relevant script to check for errors. Don't know which script is relevant here.

I do have access to access and ftp and traffic logs.

Exploring permissions per documentation. FTP is turned off in Joomla configuration so need to chck file permissions. Which files do I need to check for permissions ... certain joomla files? certain CBSubs files?

14 years 1 week ago #126856 by pmcgratty
Tried expanding permissions to 777 but did not resolve the issue.

Needed to create a php.ini file and place it in multiple directories in order to make ioncube work. Could this have something to do with that? Perhaps I need to put the file in additional folders?

14 years 1 week ago #126886 by nant
pmcgratty wrote:

Host is 1and1. They no longer keep error logs for community servers. They offer code that can be placed in the relevant script to check for errors. Don't know which script is relevant here.

I do have access to access and ftp and traffic logs.

Exploring permissions per documentation. FTP is turned off in Joomla configuration so need to chck file permissions. Which files do I need to check for permissions ... certain joomla files? certain CBSubs files?

Strongly suggest considering changing your hosting environment to something more suitable for commercial work.

14 years 1 week ago #126891 by pmcgratty
Can you recommend a good host?

In the meantime, do you have any suggestions on how to pursue?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn