Error 500 When Click on Settings after install

14 years 1 month ago #126970 by krileon
pmcgratty wrote:

Can you recommend a good host?

In the meantime, do you have any suggestions on how to pursue?

Can recommend the most reliable hosting for CB and CBSubs to be Joomlapolis Hosting. ;) You can read more about it here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127627 by pmcgratty
Short of moving my website, how can I get my CBSub issue resolved? I purchased the license but cannot even turn it on? Have not had any issues like this with Joomla or Community Builder.

14 years 1 month ago #127639 by nant
pmcgratty wrote:

Short of moving my website, how can I get my CBSub issue resolved? I purchased the license but cannot even turn it on? Have not had any issues like this with Joomla or Community Builder.

This is going to sound totally not sales oriented.

I have seen too many issues documented on these forums that relate specifically to 1&1 hosting.

If you must stay on this site, then best for you would be to request a refund.

A hoster that does not give access to error logs is just not a good deal.

I honestly wish there was something more that could be done. But even if there was, you would most likely run into more problems in the future. E-commerce applications have more requirements and need more resources than plan Joomla or CB.

14 years 1 month ago #127643 by pmcgratty
That's a fair answer.

Does Go Daddy have reported issues as well. Reason I ask is that your hosting solution is substantially higher cost and I'm not sure what the difference is. As a start-up with limited resources, I'm trying to manage cost at least until we have established customers.

Thanks.

14 years 1 month ago #127692 by krileon
pmcgratty wrote:

That's a fair answer.

Does Go Daddy have reported issues as well. Reason I ask is that your hosting solution is substantially higher cost and I'm not sure what the difference is. As a start-up with limited resources, I'm trying to manage cost at least until we have established customers.

Thanks.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for. I've had to address many users with issues with Go Daddy hosting, it too is nearly the same boat as 1and1, albeit Go Daddy does appear better then 1and1 it is still not an acceptable solution for a e-commerce application.

You're going to need quality hosting to achieve stability in an environment where money and good is exchanging hands.

Not to sound like am marketing Joomlapolis Hosting, but must understand would be unreasonable for us to recommend other hosting services. I recommend searching for hosting that's less "mainstream" and more powered towards providing you with quality hosting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127696 by pmcgratty
For my own education, when you say quality hosting and environment that support ecommerce, what does that mean? I taught myself how to build a joomla website, but I am still a novice when it comes to hosting and the hosting environment. I don't know enough to know the difference / what questions to ask?

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn