Problem Adding New user from backend

14 years 3 weeks ago #127493 by bevege
Problem Adding New user from backend was created by bevege
Cbsubs 1.0.3
joomla 1.5.15

I run an alumni site site and we would like to use csubs to manage our paid memberships. Many users pay at events and do not have access to computers or just don't deal with computers, older people basically. Sorry no other way to say it.

When I add a new CB user from the backend I can subscribe the user to a plan but they only show up under the subscriber section of CSubs. Under payments and baskets there is nothing. No way to show that the user paid or how they paid or when they paid.

When I add the user from the front-end it works as expected. I guess the overall question is why doesn't the back end registration process work the same as the front-end? I would expect that once a paid plan is checked in the back-end the same payment pages that the front end uses would be used to complete the payment, which would generally be off-line payment.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #127500 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Problem Adding New user from backend
The backend does not initiate a payment or basket because simply put there isn't one. You're directly adding a subscription to the user bypassing baskets or payment processors; thus no payment or basket. If you need a payment or basket you'll need to login to the user (or user themselves login) via frontend and initiate an offline payment then pay via backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn