login not working, can't open cb user management

14 years 7 hours ago #128303 by citydan
PHP 5.2.5
CB 1.2.2
Joomla 1.5.15

I've just installed CB Subs v1.03 but can not log in to the front end as either my superadmin or a tester author account.
Submitting the correct login credentials in either case just makes my browser sit forever, with "waiting for localhost" in the status bar (I'm testing on localhost WAMP before installing on live site).

Also, I get the same (non)response when I try to go to the user management area of CB in the backend. I had Article Factory Manager installed as well, but uninstalled it to see if that was causing the issue, but still having trouble.

I don't get any error messages, just the pages never load.
Other parts of the front end and backend work fine, until I try to login or see the cb user management page, then the server becomes unresponsive (as if totally overloaded, but just times out with giving error mesage). My browser just sits and waits forever; I don't get a 404 or 500 error or any other error message.

In this state, the whole site becomes unresponsive until I stop all services on WAMP and re-start them again.

When I login with incorrect credentials it just puts me to the "Incorrect username or password. Please try again." page.

Running standard joomla core SEF
I have ioncube loader installed
I just upgraded from CB 1.2.1 yesterday before adding CB Subs
This was originally Joomla 1.5.11, then upgraded to 15.

The error happens in both Firefox and Chrome.

Post edited by: citydan, at: 2010/03/28 05:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #128327 by nant
Hmmm, difficult to pinpoint problem.

Please turn off SEF and try again first.

Then please follow our Help Us Help You article tips to try and debug.

13 years 11 months ago #128377 by citydan
ok, I disabled everything one by one and it was cb paid subs itself that was blocking the users page and login. Joomla SEF seems to have no effect at all.

I've gone through the install pdf step by step up to setting up a paypal sandbox.

Would it be causing this problem just because I dont have CURL or OPENSSL installed on my local machine?

13 years 11 months ago #128391 by citydan
I have enabled php_openssl PHP extension and re-enabled CB Paid Subs, and the login/user manager lock-out continues. :(

In CB Paid Subs settings, my licence is activated and all items are green... :sick: but still not working

13 years 11 months ago #128400 by citydan
Maybe this has something to do with the problem:
in CB Tools: Check CB plugins database: Results

There are several pages of red text like this:

CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" Database structure differences:
Table #__cbsubs_currencies Column base_currency type is varchar(3) binary instead of varchar(3)
Table #__cbsubs_currencies Column currency type is varchar(3) binary instead of varchar(3)
Table #__cbsubs_currencies Column source type is varchar(255) binary instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_merchandises Column status type is char(1) binary instead of char(1)
Table #__cbsubs_merchandises Column currency type is varchar(3) binary instead of varchar(3)
Table #__cbsubs_merchandises Column ip_addresses type is varchar(255) binary instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_donations Column status type is char(1) binary instead of char(1)
Table #__cbsubs_donations Column currency type is varchar(3) binary instead of varchar(3)
Table #__cbsubs_donations Column ip_addresses type is varchar(255) binary instead of varchar(255)
Table #__cbsubs_gateway_accounts Column name type is varchar(64) binary instead of varchar(64)

when I click the link at the bottom that says:

The CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" database structure differences can be fixed (adjusted) by clicking here: Click here to Fix (adjust) all CB plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions" database differences listed above (you can also Click here to preview fixing (adjusting) queries in a dry-run), but in all cases you need to backup database first as this adjustment is changing the database structure to match the needed structure for the installed version.

it works for a bit and then all the red text is gone, and it says:

The CB plugins database adjustments have been done. If all lines above are in green, database adjustments completed successfully. Otherwise, if some lines are red, please report exact errors and queries to authors forum, and try checking database again.

The database structure can be checked again by clicking here: Click here to Check CB plugins database

but when I click "here to Check CB plugins database" again, all the pages of red warning text come back.

13 years 11 months ago #128401 by citydan
another interesting bit:
If I'm already logged in on the front end when I enable the CB Paid Subs plugin, then I can do all the usual front end stuff without any problems, including logging out. :blink:

But still can't log in if CB paid subs plugin is enabled.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn