[#1628] upgrading user deletes fields

14 years 2 weeks ago #128702 by jakobe75
[#1628] upgrading user deletes fields was created by jakobe75
I have users on a plan, I added a new plan that unlocks another tab.

As an admin I manually upgrade a few users to this plan.

now some of their fields have missing data that was previously filled out.

upgrading them deleted their field data.

I see that this is isolated to one tab so far.

This tab is unique to this profile and visible to any reg'd user who visit this profile
but can only be edited by the owner.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/31 18:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #128704 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:upgrading user deletes fields
Did the user lose access to said tab once they had been upgraded?

Ensure you did not upgrade them from 1 Exclusive to another Exclusive or they'd have lost access from their previous plan resulting in the protected tab no longer being available including its data (although should not NULL out, please check database to ensure values are present).

Also please check if using CBSubs Fields integration that on the integration tab Fields those fields are not controlled and set to empty by your new plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #128707 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:upgrading user deletes fields
I will have to look further into the database shortly

as YES
Upgrading the user did make them lose the tab but not the fields.

and only some of the data was lost..anything in a drop down or checkbox was deleted.

text based field data was still there

14 years 2 weeks ago #128784 by krileon

I will have to look further into the database shortly

Did you have any success examining your database? Was drop-down values actually lost or just not displaying properly? Please note if a user loses access to a field the field will fail to function.

It's possible upon profile update and loss of the field resulted in the field being updated with a NULL value, which would explain it's empty value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #128793 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:upgrading user deletes fields
in the DB it was empty on my test profile.

the user who I switched noticed the blank fields and filled them out again, so I have no way to know.

But I think it cleared them.

when I upgraded the user..this tab was no longer available to them.

But it was supposed to be.

I did not select it properly in the tab settings.
I had changed the name of the plan and just overlooked it.

then I noticed that and enabled it for that plan.

thats when I noticed it was blank.

but not all of the fields..only the drop downs and select boxes.

strange.

but I double checked the availability / viewability and upgraded another user...now data remained.

so I guess you can upgrade a user but not down grade?

what would happen if this plan expired and the tab was taken away??

14 years 2 weeks ago #128815 by krileon
Was able to duplicate your results and have created a bug ticket for your issue to be addressed.

Appears when a protected tabs access is lost then all fields (except Text, Textarea, and Integer) content is reset to NULL as if the field had never been touched. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn