[#1632] problem importing data

13 years 11 months ago #129109 by ecarne
[#1632] problem importing data was created by ecarne
I am trying to do an import, and I get an error message

Error message and the text file are attached. It appears to be the right format, but the import screen doesn't like it.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Ed

Attachment aec_exported1.txt not found

Post edited by: ecarne, at: 2010/04/03 02:49

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/05 16:56
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129135 by MarkRS
Replied by MarkRS on topic Re:problem importing data
Y'might find you're missing a comma after the last field.
It's pretty non-standard practice, but it does say it in the help text onscreen. I, too, ignored it because of the non-standardness, but I think the message you're seeing is the one I got when this was the problem.

M

13 years 11 months ago #129145 by ecarne
Replied by ecarne on topic Re:problem importing data
That seems to work - I just did a test import, because I have a ps to this question.

It seems that only the 4 fields can be imported. But all of my subscriptions are recurring, and when I did a test import of one account only ( My test login) it did not come up as recurring. Is there a way to import that field, or to modify it after the import?

I re-checked the help on-screen, and I still don't read that there needs to be a comma at the end of the line. Since it's not typical, you might consider making it clearer in t he next release.

Thanks for the help

Ed

13 years 11 months ago #129147 by MarkRS
Replied by MarkRS on topic Re:problem importing data
I'm afraid that "you" is a "they", I only just bought the package myself :silly:

Hmm, you're right about the comma on the help text. When I had the problem I searched for it here, that must be where I saw the answer.

Regards
Mark

13 years 11 months ago #129148 by ecarne
Replied by ecarne on topic Re:problem importing data
That would explain how I got such a quick answer on a holiday weekend - seems I'm not the only one caught behind a computer screen.

Hopefully one of the moderators will catch this and clarify the help screen in the next release so others don't get caught like I (we) did.

Thx again
Ed

13 years 11 months ago #129249 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problem importing data
Sorry for the inconvenience. Have added a bug ticket for usage to be further clarified or ending comma removed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn