[#1635] authorize.net initial validity duration

13 years 11 months ago #129417 by as179mike
We recently found an issue with our integration of CB Subs 1.0.3 and the integration with Authorize.net and ARBs.

On our site we have a plan configured to have a Initial validity duration of 2 months and then from there on out the regular validity duration is 1 month.

However, when we users select that plan and the subscription is submitted to authorize.net they are charged for the first payment at the time of order and then 1 month later they are charged again for their first subscription. Based on the functionality of the initial validity duration shouldn't their first subscription be 2 months after their first plan payment?

I have attached a screenshot showing the pricing information for this plan. I would appreciate and help in sorting out this issue. Thanks.

Post edited by: as179mike, at: 2010/04/06 22:21

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/07 16:24
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129505 by krileon
Your settings appear correct, have created a high priority bug ticket for your issue to be addressed soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/07 16:54

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #129514 by beat
Are you sure ?

Please note that first payment is made with AIM, not with ABR, to validate credit-card number.

So you need to check start date in notifications: you get 2 notifications: payment and Autorecurring payment: the later one has Notification's raw data which have the information passed to authorize.net .

I tried following setting right now:

USD 30.- for 2 weeks, then USD 10.- per week, during 5 weeks

And i got an AIM payment of $30 and a ABR record as follows:
[code:1]<paymentSchedule>
<interval>
<length>7</length>
<unit>days</unit>
</interval>
<startDate>2010-04-21</startDate>
<totalOccurrences>5</totalOccurrences>
</paymentSchedule>
<amount>10.00</amount>
[/code:1]

So the start date for the ABR is in 2 weeks from now.

So it works up to specs, and I can't reproduce your issue.

Please advise if you still see issue or not. And if yes, please provide the raw data extract (do not provide confidential data of course) for both transactions.

Thanks

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 11 months ago #129615 by as179mike
Replied by as179mike on topic Re:Initial validity duration and it's function
It is still an issue for us. I can provide you the raw data. Let me know what you're looking for and where I can get that data and I'll send it ASAP. Thanks.

13 years 11 months ago #129908 by beat
For a new subscription at a given date, what is the "Start date" for the ARB subscription:

1) in your CBSubs notifications raw data ?
2) on authorize.net auto-recurring-billings (ARB) screen ?

From the CBSubs notifications raw data you emailed me i took the above info and it seems correct.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 11 months ago #129916 by ngabriel
Replied by ngabriel on topic Re:Initial validity duration and it's function

Hi, I've been having problems with CBsubs and authorize.net as well.
[REMOVED DOUBLE-POST]
Any ideas? Thank you very much!

MOD-NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE-POST AND KEEP THE 2 THREADS SEPARATE.
MOD-NOTE: For completeness: Link to the other, different support case:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,88/id,129930

Post edited by: beat, at: 2010/04/12 08:59

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn