[SOLVED] Unknown column 'connections'

13 years 11 months ago #129554 by CosmicGlenn
[SOLVED] Unknown column 'connections' was created by CosmicGlenn
Hi when i try to update someones subscription ig get this message

Warning: CBSubCBF-updateUser4 SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'connections' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` SET `connections` = '' WHERE `id` = 90
SQL =
UPDATE `jos_comprofiler`
SET `connections` = ''
WHERE `id` = 90

Also the connections tab is not showing up

Can anyone help?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/30 20:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129650 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unknown column 'connections'
This is because you're using CBSubs Fields within your plan to modify the field "connections". Please note not all fields have a database column and this field is one of them. Please edit your plans within CBSubs and ensure you're no longer attempting to modify the "connections" field with a plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #129655 by CosmicGlenn
Replied by CosmicGlenn on topic Re:Unknown column 'connections'
hi and thanks
I took out the feilds in the plans. The subscription is working now but still having this error when checking the database in tools section of CB
Will that affect anything

All rows in comprofiler table have user_id columns identical to id columns.

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

Is there somthing else I need to do?

Post edited by: CosmicGlenn, at: 2010/04/08 23:05

13 years 11 months ago #129730 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Unknown column 'connections'

All rows in comprofiler table have user_id columns identical to id columns.

This is intentional.

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

This is not a CRITICAL error, but it can cause problems.

Is there somthing else I need to do?

Yes, you should edit your database and ensure your collations match. If unsure how to change collations please contact your host. Generally this can be done by navigating to the table within phpmyadmin followed by clicking the Operations tab at the top.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131395 by CosmicGlenn
Replied by CosmicGlenn on topic Re:Unknown column 'connections'
What should it match to?

13 years 11 months ago #131439 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Unknown column 'connections'
CosmicGlenn wrote:

What should it match to?

utf8_general_ci

Moderators: beatnantkrileon