[SOLVED] .htacess and .htpasswd files not being generated

13 years 11 months ago #129576 by TailorMadeSites
Ok the help you to help me info is:

Joomla 1.5.15
CB v 1.2.2
CB Subs 1.03
PHP v 5.2.12
Server: Apache

I know you suggest a more up to date version of PHP but everything works - CB works, CB Subs works, content protection plugin works, etc etc..

But - I have a small number of PDFs which I need to lock down and am trying to use Folder Protection plugin but no matter what I try I cannot get the .htaccess or .htpasswd files to be generated..

Any suggestions?
tia.
Saif

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/01 17:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129653 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re:.htacess and .htpasswd files not being generated
To elaborate on this..

Must I use folder access or is there another way to have a PDF file included within Joomla that cannot be downloaded by anyone - say by using content protect or similar?

Alternatively - can I manually create the htaccess and htpasswd files in the approriate folders - and then test that given they are being detected as writeable directories in CB Subs plugin that the user data will be added once people sign-up and login?

Thanks
Saif

13 years 11 months ago #129657 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re:.htacess and .htpasswd files not being generated
Ok - my client is willing to move hosting company if that is going to expedite things - is anyone using CB Subs Folder protection successfully on either hostgator or siteground?

Thanks

13 years 11 months ago #129669 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re:.htaess and .htpasswd files not being generated
Support seems a bit slow for one of the most expensive joomla plugins on the market.

I have now transferred this clients site to a new host. Still no .htaccess or .htpasswd files auto generated by the folder access plugin - on existing or newly created plans.

Furthermore, manually creating a .htaccess and .htpasswd file in the appropriate folder achieves the goal of locking the folder - but when a new user registers, pays, then logs in their data is not passed to the 'writable' .htaccess or .htpasswd files..

am I missing a trick here?

The host has all the features listed as required - Apache, Zend, ioncube, etc - everything works perfectly well - except securing downloadable files using the folder protect plugin.. please help as once I crack this I have several other customers who could make use of CB Subs in a similar environment..

Thanks

Post edited by: TailorMadeSites, at: 2010/04/09 03:31

13 years 11 months ago #129701 by krileon
Was not able to duplicate your results. Could you please provide how you've built the paths to your folders for protection? Please see examples below.

Your paths should be constructed as follows.
/images/banners
/documents/important
/pdf

Sorry for the delay; with the high volume of posts we receive sometimes some are missed. If at any time you feel your post is missed then please PM me as soon as possible and when time permits will assist with your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #145196 by andrew432
Did you fix this? I have the same problem.
regards,
Andrew

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn