Payments not being received

14 years 1 week ago #130287 by MarkRS
Payments not being received was created by MarkRS
I've got a couple of problems around subscriptions not being registered. I suppose it's something I've got wrong, but I'm not sure what.

I've just switched to using the CBSubs module, I've had three payments come in and none of them have worked.

None of them have registered as payments received.
Therefore none of them have invoices (I think). I've set Paypal not to ask for addresses because I should be able to see them on the invoice generated (I need the addresses), but not having the invoices is a problem.

One has generated an error claiming payment not made, but the payment has been made at PayPal. The error shown in the CBSubs log says "Business email mismatch", but the payment plan has the primary email address that PayPal holds. This is the only payment that has generated a notification.

The other two haven't even generated a payment. I do have an "offline" payment plan, but I don't think these subscriptions have tried to do that.

As you might remember I've got one parent plan, which is just a "holding plan" with four child plans which are the ones that should actually be subscribed to. This seems to mean that subscriptions get attributed to the child and the parent, but I s'pose that's probably a good thing.

Website is www.nhmag.co.uk. It is also www.naturalhorsemanshipmagazine.co.uk, could this be the problem if people are using this second, longer, web address and the business email is info@nhmag.co.uk?

Administrator account suppliable if someone has the time.

CB 1.2.2, CBSubs 1.0.3, php 5.2.9, Linux server, no other obvious error messages in Joomla or CB/CBSubs setup.

Post edited by: MarkRS, at: 2010/04/15 11:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #130306 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Payments not being received
It's possible that the two domains are causing a problem. Have you checked how the users subscriptions were made via Baskets? This would let you know what payment gateway the user decided to use and let you know if you've pending Offline purchases.

The error shown in the CBSubs log says "Business email mismatch"...

This means you've configured your payment gateway incorrectly. Please review the steps shown within the payment gateway or the very detailed steps shown within your documentation for proper configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #130319 by MarkRS
Replied by MarkRS on topic Re:Payments not being received
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you checked how the users subscriptions were made via Baskets? This would let you know what payment gateway the user decided to use and let you know if you've pending Offline purchases.

Well, that's another odd thing.
There was only one entry in the baskets. I tried to mark it as paid there, and now it's disappeared, although it complained it couldn't pay the entry, I think it said there wasn't a gateway associated with it. Even when there were two entries associated with this payment (one for the plan, one for the zero priced parent plan) the button in the control centre said "zero" for both pending and paid payments.

Now there are no entries in the baskets.

The log type in the notifications list says, "PDT Amount/item mismatch / Fraud attempt" and the verification column says "business email mismatch". Could this be because the buyers registered email address is corena@<their domain> and the address supplied to me is heather@<their domain>?

The other two entries seem to have disappeared, there's no record of them anywhere I can find in CBSubs, although accounts have been created in J!. These accounts are marked as not enabled.

?
:(

Post edited by: MarkRS, at: 2010/04/15 16:22

14 years 1 week ago #130322 by MarkRS
Replied by MarkRS on topic Re:Payments not being received
Having looked at the gateway setup in great detail the only thing I can find that appears not to be correct is the "convert currency" option, which was set to "Ask me" instead of "accept & convert". However, PayPal accepted the payment, it's just CBSubs that seems to be less sure. :blink:

14 years 1 week ago #130358 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Payments not being received
I do not know what further to advise. I can not configure your Paypal gateway without your Paypal login credentials and is understanding of users to not want to provide us with such details.

If you wish me to examine your CBSubs configuration please PM Joomla backend login credentials then will review and advise on your CBSubs gateway settings. If comfortable you may also PM Paypal credentials and will configure your gateway for you.

Please note based off earlier posts I believe you stated there was 2 domains your site operated on (same site, two different URLs). This WILL cause problems; you'll have security alerts from either CBSubs or Paypal. If you wish to have 2 domain names ensure you're REDIRECTING to your primary domain (one used to configure your Paypal account) and not just POINTING.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn