Billing errors

13 years 10 months ago #132819 by strullinger
Billing errors was created by strullinger
I am just taking on a project with CB sub problems (at least I think they are CB Sub problems)
What is happening is this:
Client offers paid membership and has an intro offer of 2or1. member pays the first month then skips month 2 then regular billing starts on the 3rd month and every month after that. What is happening right now is member pays for month 1 then 30 days later the billing cycle starts so it is not skiping that free month.
problem #2 when a member quits the billing is not stoping. this has happened several times now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #132822 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Billing errors
ok, welcome to our forums!

More information is needed of course.

See our Help Us Help You article (link is in signature) and please post back as much information as possible.

Now, the way I would implement your use case is as follows:

I would make a plan that has a different first period duration and cost and follow-up period would be your regular one month duration and regular one month price.

I would have the first duration set to 2 months at the same one month price.

This way when a user subscribes for the very first time they get 2 months for the price of 1. After end of first 2 month period subscriber will be billed for each additional month at regular price.

please specify what exactly do you mean by "when a member quits"?

if you have properly configured your plan and gateway (you haven't stated yours) and they both support recurring payments, then your subscriber will be automatically billed/debited each month until they specifically end their subscription from their profile. If something goes bad and payment is not received, then CBSubs of course will block any privileges associated with the plan in question.

BTW - if you have not already done so, please read the CBSubs documentation.

13 years 10 months ago #132837 by strullinger
Replied by strullinger on topic Re:Billing errors
sorry I should have added this first.
# CB SUBS Version 1.0.3
# Exact PHP version 5.2.9
# Exact CB version 1.2.1
# Exact Joomla version 1.15.15
# Detailed description of problem.
# Any error messages reported with Joomla debug mode on and error reporting set to maximum? Not that I can tell
# Any error messages reported with your hosts error log? No
# Any ACL modification components? yes first developer hacked core joomla to add ACL
# Any SEF components? yes
# Move or encrypt configuration.php? No
# Upgrade from CB version ?? or fresh install? Fresh
# Migrated from Joomla version ?? or fresh install? Fresh
# What browser is issue present in? All (non- browser issue

the billing is set up through auth.net

When I say a member quits, I mean the cancel their sub

Post edited by: strullinger, at: 2010/05/11 20:37

13 years 10 months ago #132839 by strullinger
just to be clear, this new post has been put up a a request it is also in ref to this post which has not beed resolved www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,88/id,129930

13 years 10 months ago #132841 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Billing errors
strullinger wrote:

just to be clear, this new post has been put up a a request it is also in ref to this post which has not beed resolved www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,88/id,129930

Suggest you upgrade to CB 1.2.2 and run all CB tool checks.

So you are saying that a subscriber cancels his/her subscription and this subscriber continues to be billed/debited?

13 years 10 months ago #132842 by strullinger
yes, the member still gets billed after they end their subscription

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn