Print invoice button not working

13 years 10 months ago #134001 by AlexRag
Print invoice button not working was created by AlexRag
Any ideas why the print button does not work when I click the "Print" link.

The invoice appears as a popup and the following url appears in the info bar at the bottom of the broswer (firefox)

javascript:void(window.print())?ml=5&mlt=js_jamba&tmpl=component

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #134213 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Print invoice button not working
AlexRag wrote:

Any ideas why the print button does not work when I click the "Print" link.

The invoice appears as a popup and the following url appears in the info bar at the bottom of the broswer (firefox)

javascript:void(window.print())?ml=5&mlt=js_jamba&tmpl=component

Could not duplicate your issue. Please ensure you've a printer properly configured to your browser. Please also define "does not work". What is happening when you click the link? Any JS errors within your browsers Error Console?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134399 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re:Print invoice button not working
I'm trying to rule out the whether it's the browser causing the problem with the pop up invoice or perhaps the template.

In the meantime in answer to your question:

I see the invoice in a pop up window, but when I press the "Print" link, nothing happens.

No triggers to print by the browser occurs. In addition there is no further confirmation that occurs, like I see with a free plan I have set up indicating the email address needs to be verified, etc.

No emails are sent out to either the registrant or admin, though the member does appear in the back end user manager list.

This is the last big hurdle I need to get over before launching you application on our site, so I'm hoping I can resolve it soon.

Thanks!

Post edited by: AlexRag, at: 2010/06/01 03:16

13 years 9 months ago #134449 by krileon
So it's not just the print button of this specific plan? The entire plan is not functioning properly? Is it a free lifetime plan? If so have you configured CBSubs via Settings > Global to ensure free lifetime plans create subscriptions? Sense the button is doing absolutely nothing it is rather guaranteed there is a Fatal JS error present. Please review your browsers error console for the error and have it addressed accordingly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134488 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Re:Print invoice button not working
The free plan I have set up works without a hitch - I get the on screen confirmation, validation email, admin notification, etc.

It's the offline line plan that has the "print invoice" step that I'm having problems with. (though I haven't tested paypal yet either)

I tested the step in FireFox and IE8. Firefox doesn't report errors, that I can see (just non-functioning), IE8 reports the following error:

Line: 1
Char: 30
Code: 0
URI: http://www.mywebsite.ca/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=92&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod=offline&cbpaidsubscriptionsgacctno=2&cbpaidsubscriptionspdtback=611af4386d965826925ae16da72e1847&result=showslip&cbpid=28&ml=5&mlt=js_jamba&tmpl=

If I refresh the page I do end up getting my on screen confirmation message, but nothing else happens.

Is there a way to skip this print invoice step for now?...Although I would like to resolve this.

I will try another template to see if it is an issue with it during off peak hours.

Post edited by: AlexRag, at: 2010/06/01 17:23

13 years 9 months ago #134549 by krileon
I see, so you're not trying to print the invoice via the Subscriptions tab but instead via the Offline Payment process? Please PM Joomla backend login credentials and will take a look. Still seams to be a Fatal JS error as that is all I can think of that'd prevent the pop-up or possible a Fatal PHP error. Please ensure when testing you've Debug Mode enabled and Error Reporting set to Maximum.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn