[SOLVED] New registered users without payment

13 years 9 months ago #134711 by joombob
Guys,

First, thanks for an awesome plugin.

My issue is that twice now, I've had new registered users appear on my backend, but they've somehow managed to register for my site without paying.

Side note: I searched through these forums and couldn't find the exact answer to my problem. Apologies if I've double-posted.

I've tested the site in a few browsers myself, and I always get blocked when I try to register without choosing one of the subscription plans.

I don't know if they tried to pay with PayPal or credit card (Authorize), or they hacked in some other way.

Here's some info on my site:

J 1.5.15
CBsubs 1.0.3

Apache server
PHP 5.2.13

Let me know if you need any more info, and thanks in advance!

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/09 16:05

Myspace for movie geeks? Check out www.cc2k.us!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #134722 by nant
Are you using Joomla login form?

Are these users present in CB User Management backend or only Joomla User Management?

Are you allowing Free registrations in CBSubs?

13 years 9 months ago #134725 by joombob
Are you using Joomla login form?

No -- I've disabled the default Joomla login mod and only enabled the CB login mod.

Are these users present in CB User Management backend or only Joomla User Management?

As of now, only the CB user list shows a complete list of all my site's subscribers. The Joomla user manager displays an incomplete list.

Are you allowing Free registrations in CBSubs?

As of right now, we have one subscription plan that is free, but it's not available at registration, it's not displayed on the front-end, and users aren't allowed to upgrade to it. We can only add users to this plan through the back-end.

Thanks!!!

13 years 9 months ago #134767 by krileon
Please check that users can't access Joomla registration using the following link structure.

index.php?option=com_user&task=register

If the above link brings you to a registration form that is NOT CBSubs then you've not installed/enabled CBSubs bot and not disabled Joomla registrations via Joomla global configuration.

Please also check that your free plan is not set as Default as this could also be a cause of your problem. Also check that if a user has an IPN within your Paypal account as its possible they paid, but the IPN was delayed or something of the sort (best case is to review CBSubs History to see what happened).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #134794 by joombob
Kyle, thanks again for the prompt and detailed reply!

1. AHA! That structure did indeed lead to a registration form. Thank you! I had a follow-up question:

I checked every dang link on my front-end, and all of my "register" links lead to the CBSubs registration page. Would someone have to paste in this specific link structure to reach this page? Meaning, would they have to have some basic knowledge of Joomla?

2. I checked on my back-end, and the free plan is indeed not set as the default plan.

Thanks!

13 years 9 months ago #135004 by krileon

I checked every dang link on my front-end, and all of my "register" links lead to the CBSubs registration page. Would someone have to paste in this specific link structure to reach this page? Meaning, would they have to have some basic knowledge of Joomla?

Don't know what you mean by this. With CBSubs installed it will always ensure the CB Registration form is used. Users won't be able to access Joomlas registration form (which isn't supported anyway).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn