Glitch with registration and payment

13 years 8 months ago #139866 by TailorMadeSites
Glitch with registration and payment was created by TailorMadeSites
Sorry could not think of a better title. Am using J1.5.20, CB 1.2.3 and CB Subs 1.0.3

when a user completes reg form and then cancels their account is still created. When they login they get a message saying they need to subscribe to a plan - but no pay now button is displayed.

Is it possible to output all subscription options with a pay now button if they have go to this stage but not activated a subscription? Alternatively is it possible that the account is just not created at all if they press the cancel button.

Interestingly if they register, get to payment page and navigate away without paying and without clicking the cancel button, when they next login it shows the message about paying for subscription and beneath outputs the subscription they selected and did not pay for with the pay now button, so my guess is either I have not configured something, or its a small oversight.

Any ideas please?
Thanks
Saif

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #139873 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Glitch with registration and payment

when a user completes reg form and then cancels their account is still created. When they login they get a message saying they need to subscribe to a plan - but no pay now button is displayed.

Canceling a subscription does not cancel their registration.They should be proposed to "Upgrade" or "Subscribe" to a plan.

Is it possible to output all subscription options with a pay now button if they have go to this stage but not activated a subscription?

No, it only outputs the subscription they were intending to purchase.

Alternatively is it possible that the account is just not created at all if they press the cancel button.

Yes, in order for that to happen you need to configure CBSubs to require a plan to register and eliminate all Free registration opportunities. This would force them to always have a subscription (would also set users who expire and do not renew to "Blocked" status).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139894 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re:Glitch with registration and payment
krileon wrote:

Canceling a subscription does not cancel their registration.They should be proposed to "Upgrade" or "Subscribe" to a plan.

Yes, but my point is that when they press cancel during the subscription process, their account is created, then when they login they cannot actually access anything other than an error message which says they need to subscribe, but no option to subscribe to anything as they pressed cancel part way through the process. So, if they then try to re-register, they cannot as they can't use the same email address as there is already a user account associated with it.

No, it only outputs the subscription they were intending to purchase.

That is what happens if they navigate away during the subscription process, but if they press the "cancel" option next to the pay now button, then system does not remember what package they intended to subscribe and they are stuck in limbo, as described above.

Yes, in order for that to happen you need to configure CBSubs to require a plan to register and eliminate all Free registration opportunities. This would force them to always have a subscription (would also set users who expire and do not renew to "Blocked" status).

Ok, IN CB Subs Global config I had already set 2nd option, labeled: Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions) to No but am still having this problem - is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks

13 years 8 months ago #139895 by TailorMadeSites
Replied by TailorMadeSites on topic Re:Glitch with registration and payment
to follow up on this - if I enable upgrades on each of the configured plans, then all plans are displayed as an upgrade option to a user who registered but did not pay. The problem is users who have paid are also shown the upgrade possibilities whenever they login - and its not really an upgradeable product in that sense - there a 3 products and any 1 client would only ever want one of those 3 products..

13 years 8 months ago #139953 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Glitch with registration and payment
Correct, if the user cancels you need to offer upgrade options as at that point they're created as a free user. You need to offer upgrade solutions in order for them to subscribe to a plan upon login. Working as intended. This is the same usage on our demo site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn